pre ignition

biddleboy

i lads took it out for a second road test to day i think ive sorted pre ignition now just need to put temp gauge on now to see how hot its getting allso are any of you lot using chokes

jason_l

Good news that its all sorted mate.

I was going to run a choke but now not going to with the other engine obviously  :)
I believe Daves freestyle has the choke mounted down near the handbrake, think thats what it was when i went to see him?

Jason :p

esdebe

I have a choke and need to use it on cold days, I've mounted mine on a bracket above the radiator (bit of an awkward place as you look like you are putting your arm around the passenger (if you have a passenger) when you try to pull it out or put it back in.

Phaeton

Staff member
Mine sounds like a similar position to Simon's it's behind the passenger on a bracket attached to the top lug of the upper bulkhead

Alan...

Steve

Mine is between the seats, mounted on the lower bulkhead. Not used often but definately needed on certain days.

Mini Mad Max

Steve":1wvul3uv said:
Mine is between the seats, mounted on the lower bulkhead. Not used often but definately needed on certain days.
On the one freestyle buggy that i've ever seen, that was between the seats on the bulkhead too, but if you want the bulkhead to hinge up for easy access, i'd move it between the seats near the handbrake or somewhere like that.
Max :)