Premier wiring looms

Paul

I have just ordered a premier wiring, Lucas rear engined loom. Does anyone have any experiences of fitting one of these? How easy was it? Did it fit well? etc.

funbuggydave

Just fitted one to Mahesh's buggy over the weekend, I thought it was pretty good, took a little longer than I hoped and took a little bit of thinking, but Alan at Premier is very helpful if you have a problem, I wasn't sure how to wire the hazard switch as its a single flasher relay system unlike the Mini.
You will need to use your original Mini switches and connectors and join the connectors to the premier loom.
If you use insulated inline connectors UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES USE ONE OF THOSE CHEAP PRESSED STEEL CRIMP TOOLS!!!!!!!!!! That will lead to a lifetime of frustration, they are crap. Invest £20 in a proper ratchet type, you won't regret it
Dave

woofy

i fitted the premier loom, follow the instructions and plan it isnt to bad ,i had a problem with hazards but alan talked me through it on the phone job sorted

steve wet west wales

hmalan

Exactly the same hear, found it a lot easier than I expected, main problem was with hazards.

I rang Alan and he talked me through it, also spoke to him at Newark, really nice guy and very helpful.

Biggest problem is that loom is designed for a wider car than the buggy and I was initially uncomfortable at cutting back so much wire

Asbo

alan at premier is deffo on the ball re any buggy-related problems and supplies anything from crimps to bulbs/wiring to 'stand-alone' headlights. he's also a stones-throw from me(kinda)and i'm able to go view/poss deliver any parts yer thinkin about orderin.

hmalan

Danny,

The rear engined loom is the one I used

Very easy to use oher than the hazards issue mentioned before and this was quickly resolved.

Alan T.

Lime&Orange

I have ordered one of these, I am aware that its going to take a bit of modification, but at least you know its the correct gauge wire being used.

I am also ordering some other bits because I am running LED rear lights.