Putting Dibble Back Together Again

MattBlack

Well here's my progress so far:-

Rear drums removed cleaned up and back on.
Front pads and callipers inspected and okay.
Cleaned massive pile of Cat Sick off drivers seat.
Checked Battery...... DRY and DEAD.. new one needed.
Greased all nipples.
Kicked next door's Cat firmly in its dirty hairball covered bollocks
Checked timing... -3 degrees off.
Ignored timing issue because access to distributer locking bolt is impossible with rear of seat fuel tank.
Removed Oil filter.
Visited A&E to get dislocated wrist put back in after removing Oil filter
Oil Changed
Clean K&N Air filter
Checked Plugs.. look okay.. but who knows.. put them back.
Threw old oil filter at white Cat from down three doors down.
Pondered over Handbrake that simply doesn't work
Gave up and had a Stella.
Got shouted at by Tracy for telling a mate on the phone that "It looks like every dirty pussy in Wakefield has been in my car... I don't mind them sleeping in there, but why do they have to throw up"

New battery to fit.... then up to MOT station for long debate about whether i REALLY NEED a handbrake.

I'd forgotten how much of a pain in the arse these things are..... Happy Days! ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
Matt,

Been looking for pictures for you but can't find any, but a couple of people have extended the lever that go into the brake drums to move the drums for the handbrake, the one the cable attaches to. They have used the existing handbrake hole, drilled another hole & extended the bar by 1-1.5" & then put cable on end of there, it gets more leverage. Does any of that make any sense?

EDIT:-

Knew I had a picture somewhere

DSC00586.jpg

Alan...

MattBlack

Alan

Great pic.... it does make perfect sense... I assume the extra leverage gives more action on the brake.... has this made a big difference for the guys who have done it?

Matt

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny has it, but he doesn't use the brakes, he uses the buggy in front, Alistair just got a buggy through IVA doing it so logically it does work.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
yeah it does work :)

Buggies in front make sudden stops... and hedges also stops buggies better than a hand brake will :)

MattBlack

Handbrake extensions fitted... No difference!!!!

Told you mine was useless.

Stripped out entire handbrake and managed to get some adjustment on the "impossible to get to" nut. You all know the one so don't try to kid me. The one that's hidden behind the handbrake lever and when you take the handbrake lever off to get to it and then adjust it you can't get the handbrake lever back on... Yeah... That one.

Anyway... I did it... And it works now.... For now..... ;D

Battery fitted.

Ordered new top hose / rad cap / gear selector pin oil seal from PL Mini. MOT next week.

Now i just need to lose about 2 stone to get the seatbelt to fit and I'm all set.

MattBlack

MOT today boys... Can't see it being a problem.

Bloody insurance has gone up hasn't it?... £180 with Adrian Flux!!.. nearly died! :eek: