Reached bit of a dead end with my loom...

BRUC3

So today I decided to do a bit more on my loom for the Jago.

So far I have loosely lead a few cables to the areas they need to go leaving them long so I have enough to re-route should I need to...

Today I decided to have a proper look at the indicator stalk. Following the HBOL (living up to its name), I should have specific colours going to the stalk connector. I have been totally thrown, as half of the cables that run to the stalk are completly different colours. For example, I should have 2 solid white cables coming from the cnnector, but in reality I have 2 black and white cables!

Theres a few more, but do I ignore the colours and just assume Haynes have got it wrong, and get on with it, or am I reading something wrong? Is this a common mistake for Haynes to make?

Also another quick question with regards to the stalk! My stalk has the ability to flash the high beam. Im not overly fussed about this and wouldnt mind the high beam on a seperate switch. Can I just ignore this part, or is it likely that If I miss parts such as that out other areas of the loom wont work?

The more I get into this the more Im feeling out of my depth, but thought I would have one last shot before I decide to scrap the loom and buy one off the shelf!!!

Bruce

Radar

check the wiring diagram again trace the cable all the way end to naturally it should be the SAME colour at both ends(barring a fuse relay or such ) and if in doubt buzz them out using your meter and I agree since wiring is critical to the safe and effective running of your car ..off the shelf is always best unless you are A. an expert or b. an auto electrician with to much time on your hands ...and an expert

just my 2 cents worth

Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
Get out you multimeter

If it's a standard indicator/dip/full stalk then there will be 2 power feeds to it, 1 live all the time which will be for the lights/horn & the other which is switched for the indicators. 'Normally' headlights are Blue/White & Blue/Red forgotton which is dip & which is full, indicators are Green/Red & Green/White, so eliminate those first

Alan...