Recent IVA Experience

Keyz

Hi all,

Has anyone had any recent experience putting a Freestyle through the IVA?
If you have, any general advice would be great but I'm specifically interested in the location of your fuel tank.

I'm just coming back to an old project I started about 15 years ago. Needless to say it's in a bit of a state so will need to be sripped down and basically rebuilt. The fuel tank is behind the seats and despite it being covered over I'm concerned it will be failed on this.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks,
Rick

Last edited:

250buggys

Hi Rick mine and Justins Freestyle passed IVA with behind the seats tank with cover no problems at all and Alistair's too.

Have a read here

Welcome to the forum, be keen to see some pics of your build project 😃 Chris

Keyz

Hi Chris,

Perfect, thanks for this, much appreciated.

Looks like a smart machine!

I've attached a couple of photos of mine but unfortunately it's in a pretty bad way at the moment. Currently assessing whether I have the time to strip it down and rebuild it.

Thanks again,
Rick

Attachments

• PXL_20230709_100858511.jpg
    PXL_20230709_100858511.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230709_100849723.jpg
    PXL_20230709_100849723.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 6

250buggys

Great project, well worth rebuilding 😃
If it helps at all I can provide you with my tank and tank cover also the engine cover and the side pannels I made which will help you get through the IVA process.

Get in touch as these parts are all in my shed looking for a new home/buggy 😃

Keyz

Great project, well worth rebuilding 😃
If it helps at all I can provide you with my tank and tank cover also the engine cover and the side pannels I made which will help you get through the IVA process.

Get in touch as these parts are all in my shed looking for a new home/buggy 😃
Thanks, but I have the tank and engine covers, I had started to take it apart already.

Thanks again for the info.

Rick

Keyz

Hi Chris,

Any chance you could upload a couple of photos of the engine side panels you mentioned?
The ones I made aren't the best so will be looking for something better.

Thanks again,
Rick

Keyz

Thanks, great shout, I hadn't considered this.

If you are looking to get rid of the ones you have I might be interested in buying these off you. I just need to make sure they will fit next to the fuel filler.

Thanks,
Rick

Keyz

That's fair.

Good call on the composite stuff, hadn't thought of that - better than the sheet alu I used before.

Thanks,
Rick

Phaeton

Staff member
Rick,

It doesn't have to be solid, this is how I made mine, but if you go this route use round tube nt square like I did as he got me on sharp edges.

DSC00086.jpg

So when I took it for the retest it looked like

SVA22.jpg