rolling road.

hi all, just got back from a great day out with my local mini owners club (miniaddicts).  we went to a rolling road and had a shoot out.  i was in the unmodified 1275 class.  was winning for a while but ended up coming second with 64 Bhp at 5600 rpm, 307 foot pounds of torque at the wheels.  am well please  :D  winner had 67 Bhp.  oh so close

miniworld mag covered the day as well so buggy will be in the mag in a few months.  ace ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome back,

That's not a bad result, I think anything over 55 is reasonable for a 1275

Alan...

lowest 998 today was 27bhp at the wheels.  highest was 37bhp - again at the wheel.

thank you for the welcome back.  in my defence, i often read but i've had not much to say.  work troubles.  had to get another job cos no one is buying toyota cars at the mo.

hope to see lots of buggies at IMM this year - BRUM is local to nearly everyone in the uk - no excuses!

Mini Mad Max

I has some paperwork for the donor car for the buggy, and it's 998 made 55bhp at the flywheel. It had a oseeli manifold, 1 1/2 carb, K&N filter, Hotter Cam, Cooper cylinder head and an RC40. Pretty good for a 998!
I aim for standard MG Metro figures in my buggy fingers crossed!
Max :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Well just fetched my buggy back from it being RR'd & it's making 55bhp at the wheels so happy with that for the time being.

Alan...