Screen

Phaeton

Staff member
Can somebody give me a measurement from recess in nose cone for the length of the screen/wind deflector, or does this depend on your body length? Intention just to get some perplex from B&Q or similiar & warm & bend to shape.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Well,

I ahve had about 4/5 screens on mine everyone slightly smaller than the last. Really is a pain in the ass to get right but I sussed it and am well chuffed.

I used polycarbonate which was more expensive but doesnt shatter.

Also when your cutting- - - - > cut very slowly, the first one I cut the jig saw was going so fast that it welded the plastic back to gether again...lol

Hope this helps a liquel

Danny

esdebe

I've just replaced mine, this time I took some cardboard and made a template.

My first screen was the same width as the sheet you can buy from B&Q and it came up to be inline with the wing mirror mounts. As my chairs have quite big cussion on the seat I found the wind was still "in my face" so I have now gone about 2 inches higher.

The acrilic sheet from B&Q that can be used out side (UV resistant) is about 3 mm thick and you will be able to bend to the shape of the nose without heat. I edge mine of with Motorcyle screen edging stuff from Halfords.

Simon

Phaeton

Staff member
Do you both have fastenings at/near the top to stop flexing or does the curve hold it in place.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
My curve holds in place lovely.... rubbs nicely on the powder coat winds me up a lot but hey

Danny

esdebe

with my old screen it flexed a little, but now I have made it a bit wider at the top and there is no flexing, and the silver edging strip stops the rubbing

hmalan

Alan,

I have the screen that I got for my buggy of Dave in the loft.

I think it cost me about a tenner and is cut to shape, ie: right curve for fitting to nose, polycarbonate.

Give me a ring you are welcome to come and have a look and try it for size on yours

Alan T.