SPAM!!

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny, Do you have an option to only allow new members to post after their account has been approved by mods?

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
made a few changes to the sign up process.... will see if that makes a difference... :)

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
viewtopic.php

Phaeton

Staff member
Look on the moderators log, I must have deleted 10-15 messages, also look in the projects, there is some more there

Alan...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Phaeton

Staff member
Don't think your IP banning is working, they are all coming in currently from 89.74.102.102 this is banned along with 89.74.*.* but it has been for a few days

Alan...

Radar

Dan , just a suggestion give the keys to the board to a few more members who log on regularly with a specific remit to delete spam posts that way there are more than just Alans eyes on the ball . I remember years ago on another forum about this size there were 10 mods mostly part time (who were members of the forum) but between them had eyes on the board almost 24 / 7 and most spam posts lasted on average 30 mins or what about a sandbox to post new posts to then when the post has been checked by a mod it is then posted on to the forum this option for new members only until their trustworthyness has been established ..spammers they never quit unless you make it hard and unproductive for them ..

ip banning does not work with spammers using anons and proxies all day long its not an effective tool unless things are different to what I remember ???.

just my two cents worth

Radar

Danny

Administrator
I have added more security questions that should fend them off :)

If it continues I will get some more on board :)

Danny

Radar

Alan must really be on the ball too as in 5 years I think I have only ever seen 2 or 3 spam posts and that is pretty amazing really considering

Radar

Radar

no worries "Super forum Whore " will save us !!!

now thats a superhero costume I'd like to see I can just see Alans cheaply but perfectly functioning home made superhero utility belt now :)

any suggestions as to what would be on that belt guys ?? lmao

Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
ROFL, How about a Spam Buster Pen, same as a normal pen but one I could write on the screen with

Alan..