Subframe mountings

CAW

Hi,

Could anyone tell me If they've added extra mounting holes to put more nuts and bolts in, or drilled the 2 holes out to take bigger nuts and bolts?

just finding things out about the buggy now,  ::)

cheers
Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
ANdy,

Does the question come with an interpretor? I don't understand it :)

Alan...

CAW

pmsl!!!

Right then, dont forget this Is the fake one ....on the leading edge of the subframe where it mates to the chassis frame by two nuts and bolts, the bolts look small, Andy Baloo put it back together when he welded the back part, we were chatting and he said it might be worth drilling the holes a bit bigger and putting stronger nuts and bolts in.

Then maybe add a couple more mounting points to make it more secure, as anybody had issues where the subframe is solid on the towers and come adrift down below where they mate up.

Andy 

Phaeton

Staff member
The 'real' Freestyles only use the 2x standard bolt fixings, can't remember exactly but 1/2" probably.

Alan...

CAW

Ta Alan,

Sorry for confusing you..........what's that record, " I've only just begun " or something like that ;)

CAW

Yes Boss ! 8)

Hi jp, just getting back in to tinckering after a bad (back and trots) fortnight mate, I'm not the only oldie on here then  :D ;)

want to sort the chassis out first before anything else

Andy