Sva help

swerv

Hi everyone I'm new to the mini freestyle scene, I have wanted a freestyle for years, but due to life and money I have of just got round to buying one. I collect it 2days ago from Warrington, it has been used for auto testing and has not been on the road. I'm after help and any advice as to the best way to register it and get it road legal (sva or what ever it is now), has any one got any useful tips o what has to be done or what they pock up on when doing the Check/test.
Thanks in advance Lee

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome Lee, they can be got through the IVA, it's not particularly cheap though, TBH I think it's a bit of a joke, it's supposed to be a about safety, they are very keen on sharp edges & radii, yet you can go with loose balljoints & bald tyres as long as they are the correct type.

One of the biggest issues for the Freestyle is the position of the fuel tank, it can't be in the passenger compartment or engine bay which are the logical places, have a look through the projects, you will see different ideas, some have still put it behind the seats, but put it into a 2nd skin, I think there is also another in the engine bay, but again with a 2nd firewall.

Start a project & get some pictures up.

swerv

Thanks Phaeton, I will look through some of the builds to see what they are using /doing for the tank. And yes I have heard that they like nice round edges and corners.