TABS

Asbo

my (11yr old) daughter,on watching me using the laptop....switching between ebay/here/other sites,and i was logging in and out etc etc......she asked me why i wasnt using TABS? after explaining to her that they were the things her mum puts in the washing thingy that makes the clothes wet,she gave me one helluva stinker of a look and proceeded to inform me that it is possible to have more than one window in use at a time. and yes,thats the same daughter who in the past has asked if everything really was black and white when i was young?...a reference to pics of me as a nipper.  ??? ???

Mini Mad Max

Yeah they is brilliant! I have four open right now :D For men who are too lazy to change from what they are doing manually.
Max

Mini Mad Max

Then ditch firefox and go for Opera, I don't know how it works, my brothers both have it, but im happy on some random browser called "Avant" it works.
Max

collie

Opera - Great for you mobile phone (So I hear) poop for everything else.
If you want fast unprotected browsing Google provide an awesome little browser.
I use Firefox because 8 out of 10 cats prefer it...

Sorry Wulliecosse, consider your thread hijacked!  ;D

Angel Boy

Back on topic...........  ;)

If you use the tabs is their a way you can switch between them in the same way you can ALT+TAB between different applications open on your screen.  I don't get to use the good ladies laptop often and at work we are controlled to v6 of IE as IE 7 starts to break some of the apps we run.

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
collie":15ddoehi said:
Opera - Great for you mobile phone (So I hear) poop for everything else.
If you want fast unprotected browsing Google provide an awesome little browser.
I use Firefox because 8 out of 10 cats prefer it...

Sorry Wulliecosse, consider your thread hijacked!  ;D

But it doesn't work on a real operating system, it only works on Windoze.

Alan...

collie

Some of us don't have a choice, and please don't say linux is a viable alternative.

Moving between tabs is easy CTRL+TAB

collie

Phaeton":383kn5qb said:
linux is a viable alternative.  ;D

Alan...
tut_tut.gif

Angel Boy

collie":1uopfinp said:
Moving between tabs is easy CTRL+TAB

Ah cool, bit like switching between multiple excel workbooks open up in the same app window.  Should have tried that.

LOL @ the Windows v ** insert your OS of choice ** debate.

Andy

Danny

Administrator
I use firefox its the muts nuts also has some cool adons (boring web developer shite)

when I hit the home button I have 5 tabs drop in....lol

Danny

esdebe

I ditched Windoze in favor or Linux over 9 Years ago, OK so I was a unix System admin at the time so I prefered to be working from the command line, but with the likes of Ubuntu there is now a real alternative to that bloatware that is packaged free with most pcs/laptops these days.  Ubuntu is actually easier to use than that Vista stuff, and open office is easier to work than the Office2007 where they have hidden all the features that are not used by people who should have bought Microsoft works (for the reason they don't need those features).

OK, so there are some times when it apears the the Microsoft OS will out perform Linux, but these times are now few and far between and the only times I see this is where the third party software such as Sage products will only work on these propriatory Operating systems.  Internet Explorer has its places too as it can be used to access all of the non standard web sites that are built only for IE, fortunetly the number of these is dwindling now too.  And as most of these IE only websites don't support the new version of IE it won't be long before they are made to be complient with the likes of Opera and Firefox :)

That said, I always use tabs, very usefull when seraching for things in google, I right click on the links and say "open in new tab"  then I can click on each of the tabs to see if the results answer the questions I have...

Mini Mad Max

I found one thing when scrolling, You don't have to use alt + tab, you can right click and use the scroll thingy on the mouse to change tabs, and you can do it in both directions depending on which way you spin it. I was just scrolling down a massive page, finger got lazy and right clicked which ended up confusing me when it changed to another tab. :D
Max