The Fake One Discussion Thread

CAW

********* h***,

Your the main man Andy lol. Just come in for a rest from the buggy (welding what I should of done yesterday) ::) to see that, Brill

Better get my finger out a bit now lol

Cheers Uncle Baloo

Andy

TRAKONA

Hi both Andy,s , Baloo your generosity knows no bounds , top guy,

CAW , like you computers and putting up pics are a myserious art, anyway we will get there , cant wait to get you finished buggy down to the inner track ,built with smaller less travel buggies like yours , plenty of fun for a days playing once its ready , in fact a Fake one test day with the usual folk sounds like a plan.

JP.

CAW

Yes John, My Uncle Baloo is a top guy ;) Photos are easy now I know lol...........still scared of puters mind.

Cheers, sounds like a plan to me, need to get it sorted as soon as poss, would be good to use it lol

Ta muchly

Andy

CAW

Cheers Danny,

Yes I'm sorted now, ::) :D ......not sure if jp's spotted it yet, his eyes are a little older than mine ;D

Ta

Andy

Baloo

icon man

l do hope you are using those panels with the signs on the outside,
the paint code for the halfords orange is RAL 2003, although l can probally find you a litre to paint the bonnet

will look really cool in orange, and you can oddjob for the RAC as well ;)

CAW

Andy your not colour blind are you, no orange here mate yellow sides as a sticker on black panel.

Andy

CAW

Andy,

Any ideas what shocks/ spring that were on the blitz, what do you think would do from a scrapyard?, yes going with the icons then If they get damaged sometime I can peel them off to the black base, ;)

Andy

Baloo

CAW":35x61xce said:
Andy,

Any ideas what shocks/ spring that were on the blitz, what do you think would do from a scrapyard?, yes going with the icons then If they get damaged sometime I can peel them off to the black base, ;)

Andy
are you talking about the front or rear for the shocks.springs ?
if its the rear then l have some mgf shocks you can have, and will the rubber donuts in the subframe you have now swap over into this subframe, that would sort the back ?
l dont really know what they use at the front as l have never had a freestyle but l would guess its a mini rear shock absorber with a coil spring off a ?????? slipped over it

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
Don't think anyone knows what the front springs come from, I believe they are 90Lbs ones that as Andy says goes over the rear shock.

Alan...

CAW

Morning Chaps,

Sorry It was the rears I was on about to fit on the mounts on the arms or what ever there called on the wide track. Still got to sort top mounts out to go on the rear stays, so was asking what would do, but the mgf will do lovely Andy thanks.
It's got shocks on the front already, so will run them to see what there like

not touched buggy for a while but been moving stuff and making room for when it come's up north 8)

cheers

Andy

CAW

, :-[ Hi There not been on for a good while but had a few look arounds the forum though.

I've decided not to carry on with the fake one, more for health reasons than out else really, rigour mortice comes to mind ;D , any way It's whats in the photos but not including the parts in blue and the metro engine in the subframe thats in Andys barn

Gutted in a way, but mabe it was'nt to be anyway with my neck and shoulders. I've got two new 5 point harness's and a round ali custom made petrol tank that will be for sale also

Andy

TRAKONA

Sorry to hear this news Andy , but we are not getting any younger , and i too am feeling the aches more, Still this does not mean you casnt get along with the jimny for a bit of trekking some time , look forward to meeting uo soon . JP.

CAW

Missed the crack down at yours to be honest John, also not been laning with the lads for a little while.............bought a machete a good while ago for your place and not being since pmsl, keeping helmet and stuff just incase i get offered a drive of something in the future ;D

cheers, .......you and me with our choppers out in your woods :eek:

Andy