The resurrection of the fake one

CAW

Might as well call It something  :)

I bought the buggy of Allan ( D D ) some months ago now when he change tack and went to do a K engined buggy, It's been at Andy Baloos for awhile till he's been able do It, plus I had a shoulder op, so not been able to tinker so no big rush from me.

Anyway Andys done the rear hoop and the rear stays aand a few bits and bobs, well chuffed......he managed to drop it off for me yesterday morning on the way through to a job.

So it the first time I've seen it in the flesh,  ;D .....yes lots to do at it.

Andy

CAW

Not done much to It, been cleaning the floor pan out after removing all the pop-rivet remains, dried mud, brake fluid and grinding dust from when andy did the rear hoop and stays. There will be more of that ;)

So tried one of the metro seats that came with it like you do, but part of the runner came up on to the middle section, so thinking I like the comfort of the seat I've come to the decision to widen the rear part of the top rail and sloping rail out by 4 inches.
But reshape it like a chicane, the strength will be welded back in, the bottom tube wont be touched with a slitting disc but will be welded to.

Fitted CV covers temporary ( coffee jar lids)

Thats it for now

CAW

Well after the threat of rain over the weekend I thought I'd get the grinders out and get any sharp corners and burrs off and tickle any welds that needed re doing.

CAW

Well I managed to get some welding done on the front bulkhead today, was'nt happy with some of the welds plus added 4 more runs to it. Hope to start on one of the sides tomorrow, been thinking which way to go ::) lol

Andy

CAW

Well plucked enough courage up today to get the slitting disc on the drivers side top tube and the two sloping ones and the bottom of the middle upright tube, and gently eased the rear part out then the front part and your left with gap the shape of a piece of cheese 8), I then cut a off cut to shape for the top piece, welded that in, then cut a piece about 3" or so to conect the bottom rail to the middle down post.

So the shape is there, need to cut two pieces of tube for the added bottom rail and weld them in plus 4 piece of cakes to weld up. Hope to finish the drivers side tomorrow ::)

I have been taking photos ;)

Andy

CAW

Not done anything to it today, but I went and got some more box for the next time i unsheet the buggy, tried the photos a couple of time but got nowhere, dont no the jargon, it dos'nt jump out and say do this and do that,  ::)

Andy

CAW

lol, no pics, not done anything, been away came back with a wonky back plus the trots so not even been in garage. wanting to get on though ::)  :'( :'(

Andy

CAW

buggylands001.jpg

test

CAW

buggylands066.jpg

First mod, tried cut down pop bottle for quick fix, but this worked better, you could trim some depth off to make it fit closer in, It's not a bad fit but some sealant should make it more waterproof.

CAW

buggyhaslanded017.jpg

You can see the drivers how it's wider now, I've done this to have the seat straight ahead, plus more room for arms.

CAW

buggyhaslanded021.jpg

Gives you a rough idea what Ive doon, still need to cut some tube for new bottom rails, then weld some small bits in to give it some strenght.

CAW

buggyhaslanded027.jpg

Thats the two sides cut and eased out to shape, still needs bits cutting and welding in.

since then not touched it for 2 weeks, so need to get back on it

cheers

Andy

CAW

buggylands079.jpg

I've also cut the tube for the other side, so tomorrow I'll dig the welder out and do them, then I'll think about putting some tube across for the seat bases, cant go to high due to banging head when the helmets on O0

Andy

CAW

buggylands081.jpg

Managed to get something done today, It's a case of un-sheeting it, then get all the gear out, tinker with it then reverse everything, once all away put two cars up the drive. >:D

CAW

buggylands082.jpg

Passenger side done, but still got the slices of cake to do on this side..............hav'nt a clue how a pigeon poos upwards under the buggy but theres some on that metal, it set hard but I ground it off................Not welded on my back for years, and it shows :)

Thats great news on the engine front O0

Andy

CAW

Since I've had the buggy moving it about to get in position to work on one side or another the steering rack has moved L to R due to been loose, thought I'd shove it up the ramps to take a look.

buggyhaslanded035.jpg

No wonder it was loose, no washers plus the burrs from drilling the holes were still there ::)

CAW

This Is the other side, washers fitted on top ok but the two bottom ones had to have a flat filed on to fit in space, It's sorted now but a bit of a >:D
buggyhaslanded036.jpg

Blooming hard getting a chisel / hand then the hammer up there lol