The resurrection of the fake one

CAW

Not much done I'm afraid been busy doing bits to my jimny for MOT, but made harness mount for sides and the tunnel at the rear of the cab, the chest straps will be going on the rear cross tube that Andy did when welding it back together for me. :)
buggylands083-1.jpg

Need to do some more practice with the mig. :eek:.............before welding these on

Andy

CAW

Just a small update ::) , got around to start welding the seatbelt mounts on monday but the subframe dont help been in the way for some welds, made a real mess on one just could'nt keep the feed close enough, plus leaning in to the buggy to try and weld :'( .

Anyway I thought It better to take the subframe off to get at the area to be welded plus grind off the poo, also ground down a few of the original welds a couple bearly catching the tube and one that was a Aero Bar. Well that was much better access to buggy, I could see what I wanted and get the mig nozzle into, but my fun was'nt over, I'm welding 1/4" to 1/8" o I've a overhang and pointing sligthly down with the gun.
buggylands087.jpg

CAW

The photo above was the reason to get the subframe off to get at the area to be welded, leaning inside to do did'nt work :-[

CAW

Just a few hours messing with the buggy today, thought I'd get the cardboard out and do the template for the front of the sides
buggylands098.jpg

CAW

Andy Baloo cut some old signs to size for me..........cant make my mind up weather to have them showing or put them to the insides lol O0 thanks Andy :)
buggylands101.jpg

CAW

:'( .........hav'nt a clue Allan, it's a case of try and save a bit for it, then something comes along like something for the jimny needs doing so start again lol. need a blonde lottery winner but dont tell the wife ;)

Andy

CAW

Hi Allan,

Not touched in months, just got more rust on it .......but the weather is getting better

Andy

CAW

Not really Allan, would of been more done If i had a warm garage to tinker in, then when Andy has a job up't north the bits will come up hopfully, but beggers cant be choosers so it's what fits in with Andy.
The winters to blame ::) , plus me been an old git.....60 next week lol

cheers

Andy

CAW

lol, Hi JP, hope you doing o.k. mate, at least the weathers getting better to get something done on the buggy now :eek: ................yes it's hard to belive I'm catching you up ;)

Andy

CAW

:( , Well it's gone now so I would like you guys for any help given in the past , I'll be looking in on the slackers lol

Take care out there ;)

Andy