Tiggersmini Freestyle Build Discussion Thread

Phaeton

Staff member
Boyd,

Starting to take shape now, looking very good. If you want to lock your other thread all comments can go into this one.

Alan...

jason_l

Its starting to come along now and look pretty dam sweet.

Had a little look through the pics and looks like your putting my old parts to good use  :D

HolyCount

LOL --- this is a real "forum" buggy, with parts from The couple of members before me, me, biddleboy and Jason --- and now Boyd  ;D

Looking good though -- love the colour scheme steve started, glad you are carrying it on in the same livery, Boyd.

Mini Mad Max

Envy is felt Boyd! Mine is the least progressed buggy on here :-\ But I'm trying to pick up the pace as i spent many pennies in the minisport sale on the 30th december to beat the vat increase! Hooray! Keep up the great work and yours will be on the road before you know it! :D
Max

Angel Boy

Mini Mad Max":11rrhf45 said:
Envy is felt Boyd! Mine is the least progressed buggy on here :-\

Cough cough.  You have a painted chasis and various engine bits.  I just have a many rusty parts  :mad:

Andy

tiggersmini

Actually got to take the buggy out for a spin after doing all the work on her, excellent fun and got people looking. Not running as nice as I would like, think I will have to look at the timing, got to sort the fan belt as was squealing abit, and off side front indicator packed up, but repaired it tonight, broken wire. Question how long are your seats as I have trouble getting 2nd and 4th as the gear stick is inbetween the end of the seats? Defiantly need to get the tracking sorted as was a bit twitchy especially after going over pot holes.

Phaeton

Staff member
Boyd,

I'm sure there are few pictures of both mine & Danny's gear sticks, we've done similar things, cut the upper of the stick off where it's vulcanised together & then cut the upper part & re-welded back onto the bottom. I need to change mine sightly now as it's a bit of a stretch to get 1st & 3rd. Not sure which way round your selector is, but going the 'new' way moves the whole thing forward nearly an inch.

Actually don't think we've seen any pictures of your buggy.

Alan...

tiggersmini

Cheers for that, I will take a pict tomorrow it will show what I mean about the seats and gear stick. been looking at other projects and the seats are much further back in the buggy. Basiclly I think the only solution is to get some new seats. There are some pictures on the projects thread.
Boyd

Phaeton

Staff member
Sorry Boyd I was looking at the wrong thread, I was looking at the blue buggy, yeah your seats look very long. You could turn the gear selector bottom round, that would move it an inch forward, might be enough.

Alan...

tiggersmini

Hi guys, not been around for a while as busy with travelling with work, seemed to have spent quite a bit of it in Africa. When I have been at home other things see the to crop up, not at least we bought a caravan a few years ago and been using up weekends in it. So after neglecting the buggy for sometime I decided to get my finger out and do something with it. As previously mentioned the engine was playing up still could not get running sweetly so decided to do a engine swap, plus it needs rewiring, been in contact with Alan from premier wiring and he is going to do me a new loom, he says hi to you all. Decided the seats will have to go and to get some new narrower ones to help with the gear lever problem. Plus any other problems/hair brain ideas I might get. ???
So last week I stripped out the interior, drained the fuel tank, found it has a leak. Got the engine out on Saturday and started stripping the suspension, found need all new bushes, shocks are shot need all new gaiters.
Have any of you had a behind the seats fuel tank made, as want one with a fuel float in it?
I have been catching up with the going ons on the forum recently.
Boyd

Phaeton

Staff member
Here is mine, cost me £180 or £200 I seem to remember but that was a couple of years ago,

muddybuggies-owners-projects-f37/mr-bumble-s-rebuild-t1456-30.html

IMAG0520.jpg

IMAG0521.jpg

Only issue I have with it which you may not experience, the tank straddles the tunnel which means there is fuel below the level of the cut-out on both sides of the buggy, I thought I was being clever & had the builder put a fuel pick-up into both chambers, which is great, but as mine is an injection I also had to have a fuel return. The return goes behind the passenger, which means that that side stays fuller whilst the other side empties completely, once I get very low on fuel that side starts to pick up air & cause running issues. I than have to weave about all over to try to slosh fuel from the passenger side to the drivers side bit like they used to do in F1 lol, moral of the story don't run that low on fuel, which I normally don't. But as said this is only because I'm running injection, on carbs it wouldn't logically be an issue. I either need to get a balance pipe welded between the 2 halves, or what I think I will do is put the drivers side on a solenoid so that fuel is not drawn from there until it's opened, which would then effectively pump fuel to the other side & give me a reserve tank.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
I would have thought the only way would be to take a piece to a paint supplier & get it put on one of their machines, as even if you knew the code, chances are that it will have faded by now.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Keep it going although it would have been better at the beginning of the summer not the end LOL

Alan...

tiggersmini

Yeh seemed to have missed a good summer for the buggy, always been my plan to get it done for next spring, fingers crossed next summer will be as good as this years.
Boyd

tiggersmini

Hi all.
After a considerable break with work and other things, plus getting jealous of seeing other kit cars driving about though I better get my arse into gear, so decided a month ago to get the buggy on the road for this summer.
So started off with the wiring, as it's a new loom and I forgot to label the lights etc, I started out by finding out which wire rid what then run then Temporary ran the wiring where I wanted it to go made my dash board and bit by bit got it wired in. Just got the fueling side to wire in. Also got to tidy up the main wiring in the front of the buggy. Finish off setting-up the speedo. Also put in some new led headlight bulbs certainly very bright but apparently only use 1.6 amps so less strain on the alternator bonus.
Altered the brackets for the carb as I was not happy with them, made another bracket for the speedo they are now drying in the house ovef Christmas.
After reading the thread on suspension geometry and it made alot of sense got myself some adjustable bottom arms which I fitted on Thursday just got to set it all up now.
One of the jobs to get done after Christmas is the new fuel tank made but need to get a cad done first ( cardboard assisted drawing) to make sure if all fits.
Merry Christmas to everyone.
Boyd.

tiggersmini

Been doing odd bits in the garage.
Still doing the last bits on the wiring side final fixings and making sure nothing is rubbing.
Made up an adaptor for the new temperature sender that comes with the speedo, with the kit you get a in line hose adaptor which on the buggy can only go in the heater hose that comes off the bottom hose, and I was thinking you would not get an accurate reading. So I thought about putting it in the original place, I had an old sender which I could us as a trial and it seems to work. Although I have yet to fit it to the engine to wet outside at the moment as got to drain some of the coolant.