Tiggersmini Freestyle Build Discussion Thread

tiggersmini

Finally got around to making a CAD template for the fuel tank. Two main reasons for a new tank, 1 the old one is steel and leaks, 2 the old one did not have a fuel sender so had know idea how much fuel I had left.
So I set about redesigning the old behind the seat tank with the must have of a fuel sender. So firts thing was to get a suitable size sender unit, once found this really dictated the width of the top of the tank mine is now 100mm wide over twice as wide as the old one. The rest of the tank is the same size.
My old tank sat on lugs with a 30mm gap between the bottom of the tank and the floor. So this is where I have put the two smaller tanks these are designed as a reserve and as a swirl pot so I hopefully wont get any air in the fuel line under hard cornering, that the theroy any way.
The sender unit will tell me the tank is empty anyway.
Now got to adapt the front fire wall to fit as the new tank is wider at thd top and find somewhere to fit the fuel pump, fuel cut off solenoid, and pressure filter think I like making more work for myself. When that is done and I'm happy will get the tank made up.

tiggersmini

Been doing odd bits and trying to keep warm in the garage but think I have just about worked out where to put the fuel pump etc so made up some brackets, also been cleaning up threads and bolts.
After adapting the water temperature sender and reading some articles about the best place to put a oil temperature sender and the only one that I could find was from mini spares which is used in conjunction with a capillary gauge and has no magnetic pick up, so I thought I would use the same idea. The sump plug thread wider than the sender so should not have any problems with it and the sender is just deeper than the head.
So I should have no leaks as I have not gone through to the threads and the oil temperature should be a lot more accurate than having it in the block where the oil pressure gauge is fitted.