Unfinished Freestyle Kit

Phaeton

Staff member
I paid £1200
Im after half what i paid to be realistic but i know its worth more so would appreciate no silly offers,
Good luck with that, I'll be surprised if he gets back 25%, £500 for SVA & £500 for a scrap Mini, just too much.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
£180, I so wanted to bid, just for the nose cone & arches, but did manage to resist, was it anyone on here who won?

Alan...

Radar

£ 180.00 wow he got spanked on that !

and the moral of the story kit cars always take way more of your time to build than you EVER thought they would hence only 15 % of all kit cars sold are ever completed fully by their original purchaser ! and in 92% of cases incompleted kits ALWAYS sold on at a loss .

Disclaimer : statistics quoted are bollox and only used for illustration purposes they do not reflect the views of the webmaster this site or that of his dog ,any resemblance to the facts is purely coincidental and not intended as such by the author of this post .....all rights reserved

vespawho

£180! that was cheap, like you say for spares well worth it. Cant be to hard to change it to rhd as well.
I did think about it, just no room for it!

MattArgent

I did indead buy it however, the seller had already sold it outside ebay and wasn't going to let it go for £180. He will accept no less than £500. It's missing all the exchange stuff ie, front arms, backplates steering column. Dave Smart still owes him all the other bits. Does anybody know Dave number?

I'm Not sure what to do now. There no way he was going to let it go for £180. I would still like to buy another freestyle but don't know if I can be arsed with the IVA. Mary is very tempting but outside my £2500 budget. Is the Asbo buggy still for sale?

Mini Mad Max

In the ebay description, he has nothing written about also having it for sail outside of ebay. I'm sure that means he doesn't have the right to withdraw it, sell it to someone else or cancel the sale through ebay. And also, he didn't set a reserve, so seeing as that is what it went for, that's all you need to pay. Contact ebay, and if he still refuses to sell, ebay will take disciplinary action. Sure, it may only lead to him not being able to have an ebay account with that e-mail address/details but it's what he deserves if he's going to mess you around and not play by the rules.
Hope you can get it sorted!
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Fleecebay are on a sticky wicket in the UK, when they initially came here they tried to trade as an Auction site, you may have noticed they have now changed that to Market Place. This is because the UK has some strict auction laws dating back beyond the birth of the USA :) where once the hammer falls both parties are tied into the transaction. Fleecebay cannot impose that on their buyers/sellers so each as able to just walk away from any sale they desire, they as you say can out a blackmark against them, but that is just about all. On saying that I still would raise a dispute.

Alan...