V5 Buggery

collie

I have been gathering up all my documentation and had a mini panic about my donor having to be made SORN.
Thankfully it was excluded from that, but during my investigations I found that my engine number does not match what it says on the V5C!!!

Seems I bought the donor with a donor engine!  :-\

This is going to cause me a major headache, surely?
To change the document I have to provide "proof" the engine number for the engine being fitted is correct etc, I also read something about a engineers report or something a dealer may be able to supply?

Should I just send off the V5C filled in and hope it drops on the right "slackers" desk to get updated without question?

Danny

Administrator
yep i notified the DVLA of an engine change and gave them the new engine so on teh donor V5 it then had the right engine number ;)

HolyCount

They have had their pay frozen and pensions likely to be cut, plus they have to work harder and, at the same time, save 25% on the budget ------- they aren't even going to look at the detail!!!!!!!!

Phaeton

Staff member
The big issue is when you change CC's if you just go 998 to 998 you should be okay, just send a note, saying that on engine removal it was noticed that the engine numbers do not match & you would like to set records straight. That's what I have done on the last 2 & no issues.

Alan...

collie

So change now or change later it won't matter?
Change now, it's 998 to 998 so shouldn't be a problem, plus they're overworked underpaid and have no pension so they won't check too hard?
Change later, Alan's done it before same to same and they'll still be overworked underpaid and have no pension so they won't check too hard?

Right!?

Asbo

just noticed this post,dunno if im too late,but....my buggy doesnt have a number on engine,and V5 clearly states engine number "UNKNOWN". dunno if it was Gerry that built it that registered it like that,but basically means that any engine with/without a number(ideally without)could be fitted  ::) ...not that i'd abuse the system...much