very quiet

well it was a queit weekend on the forum this weekend. is everyone ok?

hope no one is fighting the floods

the sun is shining this morning so buggy is out the garage, waiting for tweenies to finish on the telly and then the daughter (3 years old) and i are off on a long drive along the north wales coast.

how are the builders doing on your builds. SVA soon for some, best of luck. i was lucky to get one that was already road legal so i didn't have your worries.

my buggy has had it's first tattoo. (silver dragons)
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa37 ... C00500.jpg
got one either side. £20 for the two fitted - bargin.

have made a bit of a screen to make my daughter a bit happier when she goes in buggy, made big difference, and have done my tappets as they were very embarressing. louder than the exhaust when sat at the lights. - think she has a bit more poke now as well

have started stripping 1340 out of my old mini. sending to local boffin to check it out as it has stood for 4 years. it had 92bhp at fly wheel when it was run in and rolling road tuned. all the shinny bits and powder coeat has turned orange/brown and have already sheered two manifold bolts. this might be expensive but hope to have it ready and pritty to go into buggy over the winter. Hope is a big word - second baby is due in october.

my mate foned from IMM in denmark. said there was about 800 cars but it was a bit wet. saw dave a the buggy, so he did make it there ok. sure there will be a tail to tell about the journey though

well speak soon and all those going to mini in the park - see you soon.

please no rain, please no rain, please no rain
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Phaeton

Staff member
Is a bit quiet isn't it, took mine out Saturday & promptly ran out of petrol!!! So now have 2 tanks fitted, one with a float switch in. Reckon I've now got 6 litres when the light comes on, which will hopefully remind me to put some in. Also fitted a pair of driving lights betwen the rails of my front bumper. Just need to add the reversing light I bought at Newark & I'll be up to date, well unless something breaks, snaps, wears out or just decides to die.

What cam have you got in the 1340? I've abandon'd the K series conversion for the time being, currently skinter than a skint thing that's very skint. But I've already got a 1275 spare, some new 1380 pistons, & just been offered a 286 cam which I'm told would be a good choice but I have no idea.

Alan..
p.s.Cracking picture on the beach by the way.

iank

Bit quiet from me as I'm currently doing some advance 3d tetris trying to figure out how to get all the camping cr*p my wife has bought/borrowed in the boot at the same time, while still being able to take the kids to France later in the week ;)

When I get back I intend to have a bit of a blast on the buggy and actually get it moving to the stage I can have a hope of getting it SVAed for next summer.

esdebe

my car saw the roads for a very shor drive yesterday... I decided it had been neglected because of the weather..

Wish I had it with me the week before though as I didn't want to take my clio through any of the big puddles that stopped me from geting home, but the buggy would have been fun to try to float.

the 1340 spec - from wot i remember:

duplex - vernier chain setup
286 - kent cam
1:5 roller rockers
turbo head - ( don't go for one. have to have a chunk milled off to get the compression up and it has small valves.

head was ported and the chamber was re-profiled.

double valve springs
cooper s' retainers for the valves

bogo crank
built up center strap

lightened and balanced fly.

i would say the 286 will give it loads of poke but it is lumpy as a bag full of rubix cubes when it is idle. often sat red faced at traffic lights trying to restart after a stall.

twas fun. killed two clutches. thought it was because i was dragging a gearbox with a 2.9 diff on it (great top end - never reached it, but poo for acceleration). investigation found the second hand crank case breather and chain cover breather had been blocked solid with powder coat. lump was pressurizing and blowing out the oil seal at the flywheel end. doh. :roll:

iank,
the secret to packing for camping is to put all the small crushable things in first and then all the big things on top, keep pushing down and you will fit more and more big heavy things in. - well, thats the way my wife does it. i stay out the way, then it's not my fault. :p

Hoagy

back on the road after MOT woes had to change rear calipers then foun a leak on braided pipe connecter which involved sending to goodridge for copy to be made, best part of a month i waited!!! then had to hash up the bike cable linkgage to handbrake to make hydralic handbrake legal and still got "dont know about that boyo" but passed after the rolling road test went of the scale!
passed just in time for the downpours, have you ever notice that the rain water runs down your right leg and fills your boot up if driving in a downpour not nice when its on the way to work at 4 in the morning.
really enjoying the sunshine now takes me ages to get home after shift keep taking detours to try this hill and that series of bends.
i love my buggy

Danny

Administrator
Hello,

I am off to southern mini days this weekend.

Hey hoagy I am goin past you on the 16th of september I think, off to New Quay to see a friend, going from pontins in cornwall up past you then back down to twickenham....lol

stop for a quick pint maybe a bite to eat..lol

Danny

Hoagy

hi danny would be great to meet ,give me some more details phone, email etc also classic and kit car run around pembrokeshire on the 10th if anyone fancies it. got to type fast as internet keeps cutting me off