Weber DCOE 40 setup.

FFTS

Hi Everyone. Got myself a nice deal on a weber DCOE 40 and a 5" manifold. Can anyone tell me what jets, chokes and all the other gumf I need to setup for a 1275cc metro. Also if anyone sees or has a nice bargain for a suitable linkage that would be great.. or a k&n filter to fit. Im keeping my eye out on ebay.

wurzell

To start, as a rough ballpark setting, Choke 34 to 35, Aux. Vent 4.5, Mains 140 to 145, Em. Tubes F16, Air Corr. 180, Pumps 45 to 50, Idle 50F2 should be close enough......
Dont use wide open throttle settings under load till your sure the top end mixture is ok, or you'll risk melting pistons......Juggle Mains and Air Correctors to fine tune this.
Pump jet almost always size 45 or 50..
Air Correctors almost always 180..
Emulsion Tubes almost always F16..
ALWAYS use FULL RADIUS rampipes, this keeps the signal strength from the Aux. Vents high, and makes them much more driveable, especially with a Cammed up motor.....Dont go too big on choke size, or you lose the bottom end drivability.
Dont bolt the Carb solidly to the manifold, the vibration froths the fuel, best to use Misab Mountings and rubbers...
Recommend David Vizards Bible, this really explains in depth how to jet Webers and Dellorto's for 'A'Series motors...