What shall I do to my buggy next?

BRUC3

As the title suggests really!

What shall I assemble on my buggy next?

I was thinking about maybe dropping the engine back in and seeing if it temporarily runs as I dont know if the engine is knackered or not?!

Would it be too much grief without the loom and fuel tank in etc...?

I still need to sort the brake system out, but in order to to that I need to get my mount welded up, and purchase the correct components! Dont want to spend any money at present if I can avoid it due to new kitchen being put in this month!!!

Phaeton

Staff member
If you put the engine in, you can get it running with a few wires, a set of jump leads a battery & a bit of hose.

Alan...

BRUC3

Think I may give it a whirl then!

Whilst im at it, where do I get a positive battery lead from? Do I need a speciafic one, or use any old tat? lol

Phaeton

Staff member
I've always stole one off the donor Mini & cut it down slightly, want the biggest you can lay your hands on to try to minimise voltage drop for the starter motor

Alan..

Steve

I can't remember how I did it but I started my engine out of the car. I remember I had been working on it all day so thought I would try it before I went to bed. Didn't realise it had gone midnight, it was louder than Danny's with no exhaust on (only just) I think the neighbours have forgiven me.
Might be worth giving yours a whirl before putting it in the car if you are concerned that it might be no good.