What Tyres Is Everyone Using?

jason_l

Lime&Orange":38opmocc said:
I have yoko 539 at the moment, have run yoko 48r in the past.

Has anyone used r888s?

(i have 6x13 front, 7x13 rear)

I will be running the R888's when i get mine on the road, will also be running a second set of wheels with full slicks on them. My buggy is not really off road so going for best tyres i can, the R888's are probably some of the best road tyres about, A048r's aint bad either. :p

Jason :p

HolyCount

At the mo using what came as a spare set with the frame ( Volvo wheels are being used on the fourstyle just to keep it rolling)  pair of Firestone F-580's and a pair of Kumho Road Champs on KN Minator wheels. Nothing posh or expensive .... yet!

Mini Mad Max

HolyCount":396dip2z said:
At the mo using what came as a spare set with the frame ( Volvo wheels are being used on the fourstyle just to keep it rolling)  pair of Firestone F-580's and a pair of Kumho Road Champs on KN Minator wheels. Nothing posh or expensive .... yet!
Kumho?! you must be minted! Kumho's that i've found for 13" wheels were like £80 each! Where did you buy yours? The tyres i have are Bridgestone Potenzas, which came with the lovely wheels biddleboy sold me.
Max

HolyCount

Mini Mad Max":2j1veas1 said:
HolyCount":2j1veas1 said:
Kumho?! you must be minted! Kumho's that i've found for 13" wheels were like £80 each! Where did you buy yours? The tyres i have are Bridgestone Potenzas, which came with the lovely wheels biddleboy sold me.
Max

They came with the part build I bought, Max. Four Volvo wheels fitted and four minators thrown in with all new rubber  :D

Mini Mad Max

Kumho's are my desired tyre but i would have to cough up alot, they are faverourites for gravel and offroad.
Max

jason_l

Mini Mad Max":y2r278um said:
Kumho's are my desired tyre but i would have to cough up alot, they are faverourites for gravel and offroad.
Max

I have Kumho's on my lexus  ;D They are ok, not the best on road tyre though! If i had lots more cash i would splash out on some yoko/toyo's.

HolyCount

jason_l":3mll8h2t said:
Mini Mad Max":3mll8h2t said:
Max

I have Kumho's on my lexus  ;D They are ok, not the best on road tyre though! If i had lots more cash i would splash out on some yoko/toyo's.

I have heard they aren't too bright on road -- but will use them for now.

Lime&Orange

Go look for price on avon ac10's  ;D

Tyres are cheap at £100 each, since its in contact with the floor (be it tarmac or mud) and are a major safety issue.

Buy the best thats avaible, not what you can afford that day.

I know my next tyres will probably mean having to save up 3-4 months so I can afford them, but that cost is nothing compaired to my life.

Also, when running A048s I got 3,000 miles out of them before binning.

collie

Shoot me down in flames but I would never spend £100 on a single tyre. I've always bought what I could afford at the time and never ever felt the tyres I chose were unsafe.

Angel Boy

Hehe.  You just gotta love tyre debates, always one that people comment on.  In my not to many years of experience though, it boils down to what you yourself can justifiably afford to spend on tyres.  Everyone has their beliefs/experiences in this area.

So my tu'pence worth here is that on the Hood I built, I fitted remoulds/retreads.  They where great in the dry and not not hot in the wet so I adjusted my driving accordingly.  Aren't Colway used a lot in the rally/offroad world?  Thinking I might go this route for the buggy if I back out of fitting the 16in rims.
On my previous car (Seat Ibiza) I had Toyo Proxies fitted, great tyre but I couldn't get 10,000 miles out of the front axle set.  On the good ladies car after I had lowered/stiffened the suspension upgraded the brakes and fitted bigger alloys we shod them in Kumho Ecsta KH11s.  These were great and seemed to have a longer life then the Toyo's.  On the current car (the out going Vectra) we have some Barium Bravus 2's.  Bit sceptical to start with even after the first 1000 miles or so, but now they are great.

ATB,
Andy

Mini Mad Max

I thought Collway were out of business, because they were my choice, but now they is bust. I remember that some M/S tyres for mini 13" wheels were about £35 each! Those were the days ::)
Max

Angel Boy

Mini Mad Max":2a9frjc4 said:
I thought Collway were out of business, because they were my choice, but now they is bust. I remember that some M/S tyres for mini 13" wheels were about £35 each! Those were the days ::)
Max

Huh!  Oh well, you live and learn.

Andy

Steve

I use Perrelli P5000 tyres, found these to be very good. (Not had it spin out on me yet, not like the last set I had) and if I remember right the price was not too bad either.

iank

Angel Boy":1yy1a9ed said:
Mini Mad Max":1yy1a9ed said:
Max

Huh!  Oh well, you live and learn.

Andy

You can buy M+S tyres for 13" wheels for less than that online from http://www.mytyres.co.uk

e.g. Debica Frigo 2 http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=79434217.110.24286&typ=R-122232&ranzahl=4&Breite=175&Quer=70&Felge=13&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=50&sort_by=preis&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=Wi

or Nankang  S600 studdable http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?d ... sowigan=Wi