What would a part built buggy be worth ?

Buggy boy

Hi , all having had a freestyle in the past , i have now just been offered a part built one local to me. I was wondering how much it is worth , it's got all the panels and an engine and wheels it is just missing seats and lights!! The other thing is are these kits still easy enough to get through the test now ? ???

Danny

Administrator
Hiya

They are not worth massive amounts to be honest... if its got an IVA or road legal then its worth more :)

There have been a number of them through the IVA process recently though so not all bad :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Blatant answer is whatever somebody else is prepared to pay for it, last road legal one that came up via Fleecebay went for around £1800, so you have to work back from there. It's going to cost £500 for IVA, £100 for retest, £80 for DVLA to register, plus all the fuel & trailer hire to get it too & from the testing station. So logically a completed IVA ready buggy ought to cost around £1k, assuming that nothing else needs to be bought & it's just a matter to getting it there.

No idea if that helps you, but as a buyer you want it as cheap as possible, but I'm sure the seller will have other ideas,

Buggy boy

Hi ,thanks for the replies it isn't Iva tested or road legal , and is in the region of £500 / £600 mark so it's probably not worth the hassle !!!! I will have to keep looking for a finished road legal one needing a full refurb , as really want to build something from scratch again as I find that bit more fun than driving it but we will see !! Thanks again