Wheel Arches - From where?

wagon

Hi lads,

I don't really like my wheel arches - Anybody got any suggestions of where I could buy some (Which arn't those crappy trailer ones) before I get creative with the grinder?

Thanks!

Al

BRUC3

Or look at Jasons thread where he made his own!!!

They looked pukka when they were sat tight over the wheels!

wagon

Thanks Alan - I wasn't even aware that fleabay had a "Kit car parts" section!

sneaky use of a wild card too - I like it! :D

Cheers bruce - Have been thinking that DIY may be an option :)

jason_l

Yes i made my own but they take a while to do, however i have made them so thick that they don't need any edging trim as i can just file the correct radius into them. I did however buy some ebay versions to begin with but then decided to make my own.

The ebay ones i have going spare and you are welcome to them for the price of the postage :D I didn't like them as they didn't match the radius of my 13' wheels. To get ones to match the radius nicely i found that they where stupid money so decided to make my own ones! I welded up one of the brackets a week back and they look awesome being close to the wheel :D

Jason

jason_l

These are the ebay ones i have (the ones you can have if you want them???)

DSC01248.jpg

and these are the ones i made at home, going to mount them close to the wheel.........

DSC01247.jpg

Jason :D

Skirrow

jason_l":3tqh5udj said:
These are the ebay ones i have

Could you point me in the direction of the ebay seller that you got these from? Also do they come with any mounting stuff or do you need to make brackets yourself?

Cheers!

jason_l

Skirrow":euvshdzs said:
jason_l":euvshdzs said:
These are the ebay ones i have

Could you point me in the direction of the ebay seller that you got these from? Also do they come with any mounting stuff or do you need to make brackets yourself?

Cheers!

Was a while ago so i don't have the original details from when i bought them, they don't come with anything, literally just the arch's on there own. I do have my original Freestyle arch's here that i will part with but they are not great. The arch's are mounted at different positions either side so would need looking at but will give you a basis to start from. You could simply buy new arch's to mount to them!

Skirrow

jason_l":2d8m2nje said:
Was a while ago so i don't have the original details from when i bought them, they don't come with anything, literally just the arch's on there own. I do have my original Freestyle arch's here that i will part with but they are not great. The arch's are mounted at different positions either side so would need looking at but will give you a basis to start from. You could simply buy new arch's to mount to them!

The original ones would be great. Just want it for messing around off road in at the moment so looks ain't important.

How much do you want for them? If it's any easier I can send a courier to collect if you can box/bag them up

jason_l

Skirrow":3f5uahcq said:
jason_l":3f5uahcq said:

The original ones would be great. Just want it for messing around off road in at the moment so looks ain't important.

How much do you want for them? If it's any easier I can send a courier to collect if you can box/bag them up

You can have them for £20, that will include the brackets, which are fibreglassed to the arch's and will even include the indicator units which are on the arch's also. I will get them packaged up if you want? I take it your not close to Southampton/Winchester then?

Skirrow

jason_l":333ojwdw said:
Skirrow":333ojwdw said:
jason_l":333ojwdw said:

You can have them for £20, that will include the brackets, which are fibreglassed to the arch's and will even include the indicator units which are on the arch's also. I will get them packaged up if you want? I take it your not close to Southampton/Winchester then?

That's really good of you, thanks. I'm in Manchester so not so close sadly...  :)

If you can PM me your address and a day when someone will be in I'll arrange a courier. Someone will have to be in all day but a work address is ok if easier. Is that convenient?

How do you want paying? Cheque/Bank transfer/paypal are all good for me.

Cheers!  ;D