Wyre Forest Car Trial

RichardG

Hi,

Wyre Forest car trial to be held near Bewdley on June 7th.

Regulations and entry form can be found here:
http://www.kidderminstercarclub.co.uk/i ... e&Itemid=6

They are running the event as a combined Clubmans and National B event. To enter the clubmans event will cost £12 to join Kidderminster car club and £15 entry fee, no MSA competition license required.

I spoke to the organiser this evening as the regs don't have a class 5. He said he needs to check if the Buggy will be allowed in class 4 or 5 but that it would not be a problem and that I should just send in my entry form.

As Matt won't be able to compete due to A level revision I will probably have my dad as passenger. It would be great if there was another buggy or 2 entered for us to compete against Steve? Alan?

Richard

Phaeton

Staff member
I would love to Richard, but a couple of problems, money & a passenger, already checked there's a campsite about 4 miles away so that's not a hurdle, I have a couple of things to pick up from Steve so could combine it with that.

As I see it we could only enter Class4 which is kitcars, only problem being you will be up against all the highly modified cars.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Forms printed off Richard, getting closer, just have to catch the finance director in a good mood, which is always difficult, but she's making me go to Silverstone next Sunday for a MR2 meet so I have ammunition.

Alan...

Angel Boy

Phaeton":snygvhv6 said:
Forms printed off Richard, getting closer, just have to catch the finance director in a good mood, which is always difficult, but she's making me go to Silverstone next Sunday for a MR2 meet so I have ammunition.

Alan...

I wish my financial director forced me to go such events  ;)

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
Forms filled in, spoke to organiser & my name is down, just desperately trying to find the cheque book, we never use one so we're struggling. I still need a passenger but have been told I will be able to collect one on the day LOL.

Just then need some tyres that have some form of tread on them, my Yoko's 185/50x13 will be fine for the road but not much grip on grass.

Alan...

iank

Phaeton":36njkl2t said:
Forms filled in, spoke to organiser & my name is down, just desperately trying to find the cheque book, we never use one so we're struggling. I still need a passenger but have been told I will be able to collect one on the day LOL.

Just then need some tyres that have some form of tread on them, my Yoko's 185/50x13 will be fine for the road but not much grip on grass.

Alan...

Make sure you know what tyres are considered legal.  M&S are usually banned.
There may be an official list somewhere in the regulations of the club or organiser.

Phaeton

Staff member
iank":2v0k4d7m said:
Make sure you know what tyres are considered legal.  M&S are usually banned.
There may be an official list somewhere in the regulations of the club or organiser.

I don't but, but I'm off looking for some every cheap 12" remoulds, I'm wrong my normal tyres are 175/50x13 I have some rims with 145/70x12 on which are almost the same diameter, if I can get some 155/70x 12's they will give me an extra 1/2" clearance on the rear, don't think the rims would take 165's if they are available.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Only need 2, I have got a couple of good ones for the front. Going to see my mate in the village in the morning, see how cheap he can do a pair for

Alan...

RichardG

Alan,

hope you can make it. My Dad is going away in the camper van again this week so looks like I am going to have to bring my wife, Debbie, as passenger. She is just thrilled at the prospect of a whole day in the buggy  ;D . I just hope the weather is good or she really will make me pay !!

I was also trying to sort out some better/narrower tyres for my buggy but have not got round to it yet.

Richard

Phaeton

Staff member
RichardG

Well I've found the cheque book, but missed the post, they should get it for Wednesday so hopefully okay. If your wife really objects I shouldn't worry they did say they have several young 'uns that like to be ballast, they are a little young to be marshal's but like to get involved.

I'm coming down Saturday afternoon/evening, Steve has offered me the use of his garden (Thanks Steve) but I'm going to be unsociable & try a camp site a short distance away.

Hope to see you then, so you can give me a good pasting

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Just got my confirmation through, they've put another class on just for us LOL, which means I can't be lowered than 2nd in class on my first event  ;D

Unless Debbie is driving which means I'll be 3rd  :'(

Steve, you coming down to have a watch?

Alan...

RichardG

Looking forward to it, but it may well be me thats gets the pasting. Just because I've done it before does not mean I am any good. So far my enthusiasm has significantly outweighed my skill ;D

It looks like we may need the waterproofs again !! Debbie is not happy about that. Spending the day in the buggy was bad enough but if it rains I will pay!!

See you sunday.

Richard

Steve

Gents
Sorry it's been a while since I've been on. I have been on Holiday.
Went to register for this weekend, but had missed the closing date.
Hoping to come down to support you on Sunday.
What time would I need to be there?

Phaeton

Staff member
Signing on starts at 8:30, first car through at 10:00. Have you rung & asked? I still need a passenger?

Alan...

RichardG

Steve,

give them a call tommorrow. I am pretty sure they would be OK with a late entry.

The organiser is Mac Roath and his number is in the regs.

Richard

Phaeton

Staff member
GUTTED It's been cancelled on safety grounds

They've been & tried to drive the course this morning & it's just too wet, they said the car was all over the place & made it too dangerous for marshals & competitors

Alan...

RichardG

Yes just got my call from them as well. Spent all morning in the garage getting organised etc and just came in for lunch.  :'(

Next one for me will be June 28th with Ross & District club. I think the event is near Ledbury.

Richard