Search results

1. Keyz

Freestyle Revisited

So, after about 15 years (yes, I know! 😄) I decided to try and finally complete the project I bought after my Mini bit the dust. It was in a state from being sat for so long so I decided to strip it down and almost start again in August last year. I have been taking photos as I've been going...
  2. Keyz

VIN Etching

Hi all, I've just had the VIN through for my Freestyle today and in the letter it states it needs to be attached by a dealer/garage and requires the letter be signed by them. I was kinda hoping I could do this myself. Do you guys have any experience of this and any idea who I would ask to get...
  3. Keyz

IVA Application Form - Looking for Advice

Hi all, Firstly, apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere but I had a search around and couldn't find the answers. Section 4w: - Do you guys know what the axle weights of a standard A-Series Freestyle are? Section 8.1: - How do I show evidence of compliance of the Fuel Tank? It...
  4. Keyz

Freestyle For Sale (maybe!)

Hi all, I've recently got my Freestyle back in a position where I can work on it. Long story short it has spend the last couple of years under a tarp on my parent's drive due to a change in my circumstances. Sadly, because of our beautiful English weather, it will basically needs stripping...
  5. Keyz

Recent IVA Experience

Hi all, Has anyone had any recent experience putting a Freestyle through the IVA? If you have, any general advice would be great but I'm specifically interested in the location of your fuel tank. I'm just coming back to an old project I started about 15 years ago. Needless to say it's in a bit...
  6. Keyz

Am I blind?

Hi guys, Just a couple of quick questions. I've had a look through the IVA tome and there's a couple things I can't find, they must be in there but it's a really awkward thing to look through. Firstly, do I need an oil pressure indicator on the dash? Secondly, do I need a spare wheel...
  7. Keyz

Wanted! Front wheel arch brackets.

Hi guys, If anyone has a set of Front wheel arch brackets going spare, please let me know! This is getting pretty urgent now! :) Many Thanks, Rich
  8. Keyz

Cables through Tank enclosure

Hi guys, Just had a thought, as I understand it the fuel tank cannot make up part of the passenger compartment or the engine compartment and therefore has be enclosed. (I have a tank behind the seats) Can the electrical wiring run through this enclosure or must I run the cables around the...
  9. Keyz

Which SVA/IVA test?

Hi guys, I'm just trying to figure out which tests and things my car needs to go through to get it on the road. I'm getting really confused and mixed messaged from the DVLA site about which tests are required. I apologise if this has already been covered. The donor car was declared as...
  10. Keyz

Single or Split Body Panels?

Hi guys, Just measuring up for my body panels, and had a thought. Every other buggy I've seen has the triangular front panel (the one cut to fit around the steering rack) on the outside of the car, then the larger section on the inside of the car. Is there any reason for this (other than...
  11. Keyz

Throttle Cable

Hi guys, Apologies if this has already been covered but I can't seem to find it on the forum. I've mounted my pedals using the pendulum style box and the standard Mini accelerator pedal, but because of where I have mounted the accelerator pedal, the cable will go through the bulkhead come out...
  12. Keyz

No V5 :(

Hi guys, Has anyone had any experiance of building a car from a doner but not having a V5 to go with it? My beloved Mini was declared as scrap before I had even thought about making it into a kit... you've no idea how much of an idiot I feel now reading through the posts on here regarding...
  13. Keyz

Brake & Clutch Cylinders - New type

Hi guys, I have tinkered with Minis for a few years, but i'm new to the whole kit car business, picked up my freestyle shell a couple of weeks ago, so appologies if i'm covering old ground. As it is a new one, i have the new style over-head mounted pedal assembly instead of the pedal box in...