Lilspeed's "about flippin time" Freestyle Discussion Thread

250buggys

Hi Justin, what was the volume of the behind seat tank you made? also what sort of range do you get pls?
Cheers Chris.

Lilspeed

250buggys":27l124bc said:
Hi Justin, what was the volume of the behind seat tank you made? also what sort of range do you get pls?
Cheers Chris.

My tank holds about 12 litres. Amazingly I've never actually run out! So I don't know exactly what sort of range I've got. The most I've done on 1 tank is about 90 miles. If I drive with light footwear I'm pretty sure I get the best part of 40mpg.

Phaeton":27l124bc said:
Should have done what Danny did to test if the old tank could be welded drop a lighted match in whilst looking in the hole, ;uckily when the 9ft flame came out he was quick enough to move

:D :D :D

Just remember kids, Danny tries these things so you don't have to . . .

I left mine to air out for a couple weeks, then rinsed it out with a strong Fairy Liquid solution and it didn't even smell of petrol after that, so I figured I was good to put fire on it ;D

250buggys

Thanks for those figures, I recon I could get the 12 litres with dual tanks behind driver and passenger seats but will probably go down the external helium tank route after IVA test.

Danny

Administrator
God I remember that Alan. .. had quite bad burns on my hands after that... was like one if those chimney things in the garden...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk