Road Trip 2010 Route/Location TBA

collie

Nice route!.. and only one days worth of hard driving for me to get up that far.
However, the chances of me having my buggy finished by then...  :-[

Phaeton

Staff member
collie":84rb58r1 said:
Nice route!.. and only one days worth of hard driving for me to get up that far.

That I think maybe the problem, great work Max done with such enthusiasm, but not too sure if it is a 'bit up north' it will depend on whose is coming along really. If Radar, Jamie B, Angel Boy & yourself are coming then it's okay, but if none of you are & it's Jason L, Holycount & Wurzell then it ought to be lower down the country. It doesn't matter to me, as I'm in the middle, just thinking it ought to go towards the majority of the people that are going, unless of course they are happy to travel.

The other option is to have 2 annual trips.

Alan..

jason_l

Phaeton":65l2qpyd said:
collie":65l2qpyd said:

That I think maybe the problem, great work Max done with such enthusiasm, but not too sure if it is a 'bit up north' it will depend on whose is coming along really. If Radar, Jamie B, Angel Boy & yourself are coming then it's okay, but if none of you are & it's Jason L, Holycount & Wurzell then it ought to be lower down the country. It doesn't matter to me, as I'm in the middle, just thinking it ought to go towards the majority of the people that are going, unless of course they are happy to travel.

The other option is to have 2 annual trips.

Alan..

Im Happy to Travel if the roads are worth it! But don't let me speak for all of us down south :D Then again it all depends if i get the buggy finished or not, its hard to tell how long its going to take. I know you lot think i have an army working on it but i don't and they are working to my funds, which are very low at the moment.

I think its best to asume that i won't be attending at this point and if i get the buggy done then i will attend if its made. Its not a problem with me for distance/time off work, but its a big problem if i have nothing to drive!  :D

Jason

esdebe

I'm looking at alternative routes, there are a few different ideas, but I think that we need something that caters for every one.  One idea is to have a route that starts arround the peek district and ends around the cotswalds. (or vice versa) and take in a lot of the welsh mountains in between.

The Idea would be that we could have a large part of the group together for 1 or two days and then it could break into smaller groups (north and South) for the route to the rally points.

Simon

Mini Mad Max

Good idea!
If we do my route i need a register of the northeners which would attend to make it worth it because as you say it's unfair on the people that have to come from the far south, and don't say you don't mind! We shall make it the best for roads and convenience.
Northeners with buggies:
Me (hoping to attend if buggy is finished, which it WILL be)
Andy in his Robin Hood if the buggy isn't done by then.
Jamie.B
Tonka
Wulli
Radar
Please say if you can do it.
Max

Radar

count me in Max.  Great work on the route mate well done,  ;D

However I will consider going down country a bit ref Simons idea cotwolds /welsh mountains that sounds good too. I agree with Alan that a happy medium for everyone should be struck so hopefully everyone  who goes has a reasonable and fair distance to travel to get there .For me it's all about the quality of the driving roads and the scenery so maybe two trips a year 1 south of Midlands and 1 north of Midlands (to be decided how far each way of course ) lol sounds great so long as the route is worth it !!!.

However we do it we have to be looking at 3-4 days including travel and camping ? so it's more of a buggy safari/than a trip !.

We should get some good video footage for our forum and maybe do some worth while promo for our buggys while we are at it ..anyway hope this happens and is not just debated !

Radar

JAMIE B.

I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one, thats a hell of a distance for me to travel unless you guys can fix it to be sunny and dry for a week  :eek:

Call me a pussy but after getting caught out the other week and having to drive 10 miles in torrential storms I feel a bit wary of taking the buggy out when there is more than 2 grey clouds in the sky  ;D

Took me a couple of days to clean her up  :'(

Maybe us guys north of the border should also organise a "Scottish" road trip / camp /piss up

Mini Mad Max

I did think of that, How about the trossacks (if that is how you spell them). They are supposed to be good, saw it on that program about the best driving roads in briatain.
I'm sure local knowledge could plan a great route, but i think no matter the destination we should do one as a whole club.
Max

Danny

Administrator
Jamie you tart!!!

I went to poland in the torrential rain for two weeks!! you need some water proofs or a quilted one peice suit like I have!! soooo warm!!

To be honest I will be up for doing both either or

Danny

Asbo

max,its the Trossachs.

wouldnt mind doing a scottish one,where,personally,i think the west coast is more inviting?

spose it might be worth discussing a 'round britain' trip? where we could all do a bit/as little or as much,but between us,do the whole of mainland uk?

and finally,jamie.....meeeow.lol.

jason_l

wulliecosse":2bu47tkz said:
max,its the Trossachs.

wouldnt mind doing a scottish one,where,personally,i think the west coast is more inviting?

spose it might be worth discussing a 'round britain' trip? where we could all do a bit/as little or as much,but between us,do the whole of mainland uk?

and finally,jamie.....meeeow.lol.

Almost like a buggy relay race ;D We can have one relay and it can get passed between all the members and passed around.  :D

Mini Mad Max

Great Idea! So we can all plan routes for local parties and meet at relay points.
By the way wulli, I have a friend who lives in Oban, and the roads to Adfern from his house to where his boat is are amazing fun! That was just in his Range Rover Sport, He says it's better in his Porsche ;D
Max

Asbo

aye,its nice up there. i regularly get jobs goin up that coast,to oban and the isles and up past fort william. mind,its not as much fun in a truck wi somebodys porsche on the back. ::)

ps,i'l be down cumbria on friday,to kirkbride airfield....wherever that is (guessin maybe kirkbride?) lol

Mini Mad Max

Haha! You might go straight past my house then, unless you go down the coast which is probably quicker, from carlisle to Kirkbride. It's on the Solway. But if you went to junction 41 on the M6 and turning off to Wigton. That turning off the motorway roundabout has my village on it. Only 200 meters from the roundabout. But I'm right at the top of the village. It's one straight road about a mile long up to where my house is.
Don't know if you'd be allowed to stop by and take a long detour, unless you went Carlisle to Kirkbride to where i am to scottishland. :D
Max

Asbo

allowed?? its my day off and im taking the family to englandcestershire(to pick up buggy bits) ::)

Mini Mad Max

Oh, care to drop by to see a fellow buggy? And buy anything on impulse that you see in my magical cave of spares. ;D
Max