Stoneleigh....

Danny

Administrator
Well Last year I did not have the best show... due to a slight prang on the way in :-( However this year I will be heading to the show on the Saturday as I want to be able to have a skinful Saturday and then have an easy on Sunday and a pleasant drive home on Monday :)

Also the club stand last year was huge :) we had a lot of buggies on the stand so hopefully this year we will have a few more....

If you see me always come up and say hello :) last year I missed talking to a few of you guys cos I was mega stressed.... but still I would like to have chatted more :)

So the plan is to be there saturday night and sunday night hopefully a few more people will be camping this year :)

Phaeton

Staff member
I intend to get there Saturday afternoon, but will not be partaking in any skinfuls

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

I don't think i will be coming this year as the weekend falls a few days before the start of my GCSE exams. I will however be able to drive down myself next year which by then the buggy WILL be finished :p
Max

Danny

Administrator
ooooooh I wont be there saturday as I dont see the point in taxing the buggy for one day :)

Mini Mad Max

Phaeton":s612d8mv said:
You figure on still being able to get insurance Max?

Alan...
I am adamant that i will get insurance! It may be around £1000 which is much more than what all you guys pay, but i know 17 year olds with 1300 minis who insure them for around a grand, and the rule of thumb with kit cars is that the insurance tends to be cheaper as they get used less often and people take care of them better!
Max

collie

I don't know what our plans will be for the Stoneleigh weekend, the buggy won't be making an appearance but we might if I can drop enough hints! We came on Sunday last year and all you buggers had gone home apart from Danny who was non too plussed with his prang so we kept away.

Danny

Administrator
lol... well if enough want to camp saturday night let me know and I will as well but if no one is going to I wont tax teh buggy till the 1st of may :)

esdebe

I'm trying to get the misses to agree to both nights,  I have agreement for the Sunday, and I'm working on the Saturday, but like Danny I have to get it taxed so if I can put it off until the 1st of may I won't lose a months worth of tax....

It will depend on how soon I can get my car MOTed, which in turn depends on when I find the time to get it ready for its MOT....  nothing major, just need to make sure it starts and to allign the rear wheels as I started to adjust them a few weeks back and never finished that job.....

Phaeton

Staff member
Your both making me wonder now, I was going to tax mine in 1st April for 6 months, but not sure now, I suppose it depends on how much running I can get in that month. Still think I'll go for it, MOT is not an issue as I have another free year,

Alan...

esdebe

If all goes to plan I intend to MOT my buggy on the 31st  March, and Tax it from the 1st April,  but should I not find the time to get it ready I will sorn it for a month and Tax it from the 1st May instead....

RichardG

Mine is taxed MOT'd and insured ready to go but I won't be camping  ;D

Just going for the day on Sunday but might bring the Firefox this year instead of the buggy.

Richard

Phaeton

Staff member
As we're about the only country left that the nanny state hasn't said 'NO' to kitcars it probably is the biggest.

Alan...

Steve

Have you seen the prices for non kit car drivers / passengers / and camping fees?
It won't be long before they don't get people attending at all. Then it will the biggest show that doesn't happen anymore.
Robbing B************

Radar

hey chaps , will be at Stonleigh this year camping sat night ( last year was a bit rainy camping sat night but was good all the same ) I will attend in my Scorpion as I may put it in the for sale shed (not sure ) have just sold  my other Scorpion weekend just gone  so there is now reasonable space in my garage and as such NO urgency to sell the one I will be coming to Stonleigh in . So any campers Sat night ??? other than me ? it was lonely last year until Max and his Dad turned up then promptly went to bed after setting up tent in the rain ..  ::) ::) ::) :-\

see you there

Radar