Wales Buggy Run 1st - 4th August 2012

esdebe

A quick note, to all other Southerners....  Alans reference was that Danny has just relocated to the South, not that there is anything else is wrong with the south.

What about Derbyshire,

I like places with hills and lanes.... other than that, not two fussed, as currently (tough wood) I have reliability so traveling a bit further to a rally point wouldn't be too much of a problem, although it would reduce the amount of time I have for the Buggy Run itself as I won't be granted any additional time off by the misses.

UKCOMMANDER

I know about danny moving , that why i thought it was funny,
but i think we ought to go down and do a coast trip,
just to keep him happy ! >:D

Danny

Administrator
:D However I am doing my help for heroes bike ride in august..... I know I know but I am still not too great on long journeys at the moment so I would hold the job up :-(

www.1500miles.co.uk

Phaeton

Staff member
Simon, Steve & myself had a chat whilst at Stoneleigh & we have adjusted the date slightly as currently we are the only confirmed runners.

Due to the SLACKERS ;D ;D not completing their builds we are again going to concentrate on Wales, the intention is to meet at the usual garden centre south of Lichfield around 10am on the 2nd August & then head off towards the North Wales coast with possibly ending up in Bangor or Beaumaris for the first overnight stop, then from there down the west coast of Wales for the remaining days. This is all still very fluid at the moment until Simon starts to work out the route.

Everybody is welcome to join us, for all or part of the run,

Watch out for further updates

Alan...

esdebe

OK need to break it into stages, and may need to cut a few places out, but here is the first draft of the route from original start point (we could move the start point to that road side cafe we finished at last time and cut more of the dense built up area around brum out of it (but this may confuse those who like to get lost in the first 2 miles....))

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Lon ... =mivtw&z=7

stephen942

Would love to jump on this and to meet everyone but i feel the 250cc engine in my buggy would not be enough to keep up with you guys.

Steves2580

You'll be fine, we only get to the second roundabout then get lost or break down!!!!!

What's your top end speed and what's a good cruise speed?

Steve ;D

stephen942

Not to sure on top end speed thinking about 4o-50 and can cruise along at that speed nicely but not getting much more then that

Phaeton

Staff member
You're not coming remember Danny but you should be fine

Alan...

Post left via Tapatalk glad it's not an Apple GayPhone

Steve

I have had a look at the route and it looks good. I must say though, I would suggest a different route through Birmingham as some of the roads you have there are not through the best of areas.
Steve