Wales Buggy Run 1st - 4th August 2012

esdebe

I've found the route on Google maps... and it looks like where we got to a point and had to make a decision on going left or right the big mound with wind turbines on the top.... we took the right..

Here is a route (not the one I put in originally i may add) from the point where we had to decide between left and right back to the A44 (so you can see where it was on the map...)

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Un ... ra=ls&z=13

Here is the route we took (going right) before turning back... but if we had continued.. we would have been alright.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Un ... ra=ls&z=14

Lilspeed

Good effort chaps! Looks like you found some awesome buggy country. :)

I really hope I can join you all for next years run.

Phaeton

Staff member
What's this a Steve & Danny moment?

P1060647.jpg

Alan...

Steve

That was in the car park at Matlock Bath, the only space left and Simon found it. Can't understand why other cars had not taken it.

MattBlack

Hey guys.

Good to hear the rest of the trip went well.... it was a real shame i had to leave when i did... I really enjoyed the couple of days i had with you all. I was great to catch up, and actually get the buggies out on the road. I'll be making time to do the full trip next year.

Really pleased with how Dibble got on.. kept up most of the time.. didn't overheat (did get a bit warm doing 70 up windy hill on the way home!).. only mechanical issue was that bloody lead onto the distributer which only came off twice on the motorway home!!!

Still don't know what range I've got in the tank though... Ran out about 12 miles from home after doing 204 miles on the tank.. switched solenoid valve onto reserve which worked perfectly... and that got me all the way home!

Cheers guys
Matt

esdebe

Alan, that picture was my attempt at parking in a none space... I still have a foot before the fence, the weeds were just growing through it... Wouldn't have wanted to go through the fence though as it was a train track on the other side...