Wales Buggy Run, 29th July - 1st August

Radar

unfortunately it starts to far south and ends even further south for me then I would like, meaning I would have to effectively double back to get home "up North " to Newcastle so at the moment all I can express is my envy to those who manage to go. The route and campsites look top notch ...

who knows maybe I will be able to attend but at the moment 95% negative...

Radar

esdebe

I know, and Maxs route looks very promising so I hope that a northern run happens for you guys up north.  There was no way I could attend a northern one either this year also as I'm unavailable to get to most of the shows (use to births, and wedings)  I wanted to have a trip / get together that I could attend and enjoy.  Last years Wales run was fun and this years should be even better.

Simon

Phaeton

Staff member
Buggybloke":9bnfdd8g said:
:D I could, maybe like to tag along, if I'm welcome...... :p

Everyone is welcome hence the open post  ;D

Format last year which Simon & I are sticking with is to travel light, evening meals in local pubs & just cooking a bacon sandwich for breakfast with coffee/tea etc. unless the campsite has a Cafe. But you're welcome to do your own thing if that doesn't suit

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Hello,

I am in!! there is one thing though, my mate steve who is like my second dad lives in New Quay  wales could we drop past and say hi? He is like the bets mechanic engineer he is old skool and well he is like nearly 70 now...lol

Travelling light will be easier now....

Danny

esdebe

Hi Danny,

UNDER THE CONDITION YOU QUIETEN YOUR EXHAUST.

I've added it into the route as you never know if we need some emergency repairs made a bit better....  

Route Change

This would take us through New Quay too, but we need to makes sure we are able to get to our destination before its dark so we wouldn't be able to stop for too long.

esdebe

That's not the problem it's getting into the campsites and some people need to see what they are doing when putting tents up... 

My tent does it itself, so not a problem for me, just thinking about others....

Simon

Steve

Thanks for thinking of me and my complicated tent.
I hope I can make it, just got to confirm family holiday dates don't clash.

Phaeton

Staff member
Steve,

I was banking on you coming, we need at least 1 reliable buggy on the run, I'll even carry your extra fuel for you for when you run out between end points :D

Tell the girls they can go on holiday another weekend, you dont want to go that week anyway it'll be the most expensive.

Alan...

Buggybloke

you can use headlights to see to put tents up, either that or worklights, LED headtorches....I might just sleep in my buggy..... cos by then it'll have zip-up doors, and it's roof and windscreen....

Danny

Administrator
Hello,

I aint going to lie, I am going to running extremely close to the o/d I dont think I can afford an exhaust but if I bring some extra beer that could numb the pain...lol

GOing to need to get a fan and a switch and a rolling road session sorted though.....

Danny

Danny

Administrator
Ok my gorgeous girlfriend (i have to say that she is reading this) has been looking at teh camping and has seen this option, basically if teh weather is crap we can still be social.

It is a barn and well if there is 5 of us its only £2.50 more pp a night..... nice and warm

http://www.caegwynfarm.co.uk/barn.htm

I dont want to carry a roof box.... so thinking how to travel light literally only a few clothes and some tools

Danny

Radar

think you misread that Dan= £10 " per" PERSON if 5 or more ,still good value at that though looks cosy

Radar

esdebe

Yes all the camping locations have "alternative" arangements on site if we think the weather is bad (one of the reasons I selected them) however saying that I travel light and still fit the tent in (so does alan).