Wales Buggy Run, 29th July - 1st August

Phaeton

Staff member
I did find somewhere for the 3rd night but we can't go, apparently they've already heard you as you leave Milton Keynes,

Sounds a nice place, but dare I even ring up, this is what they say about themselves

Island Meadow is a small, quiet park on the banks of the River Alne. This peaceful, well sheltered island retreat offers it's visitors an ideal touring centre.

The thought of turning up with you & ruining everybodies holiday

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
[/font]
Danny":1s89zckc said:
Mmmmmmmmmm Simon also found this & put it on the 1st page of the post and was first choice, but fully booked. The quiet one (which Simon also found, not me  :) ) is also fully booked, right the way through till the end of Auust, so gone with your other suggestion http://www.stratfordtouringpark.com So we are all fully booked up with places to stay, just need to get a list of hotels JIC

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
OK -----

so the day we meet is 10am ok with everybody??

and steve whats your mobile number send me a text 07742163580

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
Well things are progressing nicely, camp sites booked, I'll try to modify the routes later tonight with the new stops, If I can otherwise, it might have to be Simon, but I know he is very busy this weekend. I have also signed up something called Google Latitude Badge so you will be able to follow our progress. I'll leave it switched on for the weekend so you can all stalk me & then I'll put it back on for the trip.

Alan...

esdebe

So you've left your phone behind today then...
Or you haven't gone anywhere
Or this google thing is still a little flaky

As you haven't moved for over 12 hours....

Phaeton

Staff member
Apart from taking the dogs a walk when I forgot to take my phone not been away from the house all day, up here it's not been fit. But just for you I'll go do my 2nd job tomorrow & you can see if I move then.

Alan...

jason_l

Phaeton":1j97pfwi said:
Well things are progressing nicely, camp sites booked, I'll try to modify the routes later tonight with the new stops, If I can otherwise, it might have to be Simon, but I know he is very busy this weekend. I have also signed up something called Google Latitude Badge so you will be able to follow our progress. I'll leave it switched on for the weekend so you can all stalk me & then I'll put it back on for the trip.

Alan...

Awsome Alan. Now us that are stuck at home can track you guys, dam it i want mine built  :( Hopefully next year i will be with you guys :D

Danny

Administrator
OK

Alan steve and simon.....

what are we doing for food? will I need to bring gas stove?

Is someone bringing a jerry can of fuel? Just in case someone (steve) runs out?

What time did we all agree on meeting at the first place?

Danny

esdebe

Food :- local ale houses, cafes,  (it makes travelling a little lighter although a little more expensive)
Steve usually had his own Jerry can, but his buggy was a LOT more fuel efficient, anyway, I think I will need to bring a jerry can after the poor MPG I've been getting.
We agreed on 11:00  (you are coming to mine for 9:00)

As you are aware from Alan, I have other issues that may mean I can't make it but it is looking Like I can at the moment to fingers crossed.

Simon

Phaeton

Staff member
I'll bring a stove & a kettle, bring your own mugs, if you still want the BBQ I'll bring that but we'll be eating out in the evenings.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Simon we have fingers crossed for you and jasia....

I will bring mugs :)

Simon if you are around wednesday can I pick up the filler caps?

I wont bother with a jerry can then

See you all sooon

Danny

esdebe

I'm not around this week, I'm still working in Godalming (until Wednesday evening).  I'll dig them out and leave them with Jasia so that if you should pop over then she will know where they are.

This does mean that I'm hoping that my buggy starts without issues on Thursday as I've had no prep time....  But I will be filling up the fuel tanks later today and fastening the camera mount onto it somewhere.....

Simon

Steve

I will be bringing a petrol can (just in case) not expecting to run out (What are you trying to say Danny).
Is the place we are meeting the same place where we finished last year?
I will also have a spare tyre. I am debating on leaving the roof box on as it makes life easier. Or take out the spare seat and run like I did last year (Better option I think).
Changed wheel bearings today, took it out for a run and seems to be going well. Just hope it stays that way.
What else do you need me to bring, If Alan is bringing the cooker, and we are eating out on the evening?
Steve