Wales Buggy Run, 29th July - 1st August

esdebe

Alan, is that a reference to yours falling off last time, or that Dannys sounds worse (louder) than yours did when it fell off?

esdebe

Pop up tent fits behind seats, clothes fit in one of my top boxes, and other stuff in the other (sleeping bag, pillow, matrus)

Steve

I can't believe how much stuff Simon gets in those boxes.
And as for those tents, I reckon both Simon and Alan practice before the shows, just to see who can get there tent up first.
I think Simon won the last one. He threw it up in the air still in its bag and when it landed, it was fully erected and pegged down to the ground. It wouldn't suprise me if the bed was not blown up and made as well.
I hadn't even got mine out of the car.
Steve

Phaeton

Staff member
Guys,

This is now only 4 weeks away so we need to start thinking about booking the camp sites, can I have a confirmed list of runners please so I can ring them up with numbers.

Phaeton, Me,
Esdebe Simon (unless family matters get in way)
Danny & Jane
Steve
Hmalan (seriously thinking on meeting up on Friday, think you need to badger another day Alan, long way on your own)

Here is the route if anyone is contemplating it KERLICK

We also need to think of a start time, the run from the Garden Centre (starting point) is just over 2 hours for me bearing in mind this is a normal work day for other road users.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Yep the start point Lichfield, Staffordshire WS214 9QR, UK is 2.5 hours for me as well....lol

I will prob meet simon and then travel up with him......

I am happy to leave early to beat traffic and also gives us time to sort any probs we encounter.... I am assuming you are going to have your tracking on your phone so you can see us....lol

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
Hacked my TomTom V3 last night & downgraded the software on it, I can now use TYRE & have done a full itinerary of all the route so each days is a separate file I load into sat nav.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
If anyone wants the files I can let you have them, they should work with TomTom & Garmin I think it is.

Alan...

esdebe

well the first stop over is Snowdonia, so we need to find out if the campsite has a time we must arrive by, then we can use that to determine the start time...  We need to factor in time for stopping (photos, comfort breaks, food, drinks, and the odd road side repair)

I think the 11:00 at the start point is possible, but even a 12:00 start would give us a fair amount of time to get over to snowdonia

Radar

Hi chaps ,

I may now just be able to
attend this Welsh Safari now that I have something that can cover the mileage in comfort and get down to the start point in reasonable time and be able to get home from the finish in reasonable time in my Scorpion.

If it's ok by you boys ??? I may (not 100 % sure ) be able to come along for the fun will confirm in next couple weeks or so.

Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
Well decided to ring the campsites tonight, 1st night, answering machine, so sent an email, 2nd night, answering machine, no email address that I could find, but did notice the rate was £28 per night so maybe we need to find somewhere else, 3rd night answering machine, so send an email, looks like price might be £14.50 pn.

Pete, can you confirm if you're coming just so I can book number of tents.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
If its £14 per person we can stay in a hotel

I think a travelodge is £19 per room

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
You ever tried to get one of the £19 rooms? They only appear to be the 2nd Wednesday in every month with a R in it, as long as it's not raining.

Just to add had a reply from the 1 for Saturday night, they are full, so we better find another & get some organising done, Danny your at home doing sweet FA at the moment, sounds like a job for you.

Alan...

Radar

hi Alan,

looks like I can't make it work commitments have changed :( bummer this is not certain if I don't say a definate YES in the next 4-5 days count me out ..I am gutted fancied this trip to !

Radar

Danny

Administrator
lol sweet FA... thats not very nice I am flat out most days!

I will get jane on it she only has 2 jobs and works 60 hours a week

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
2nd night booked but not at the same place, now going to Pantglas Farm £10 per tent (Danny wins again)

Just need somewhere near Stratford now.

Alan...