Welsh Road Trip

Phaeton

Staff member
Simon & I are taking a short road trip all are welcome. We're meeting up at Hopley's Camping site just outside Bewdley on Friday 31st July we won't be cooking but having a meal in a local pub. In the morning having coffee & bacon sarnies we're setting off for Aberystwyth via the none too large roads. Lunch will be consumed along the way or when we get there, then we are making our way to Maesmawr Farm Caravan & Camping Site Newtown for Saturday night. Again intending to have our evening meal in a local hostelry. Then come Sunday coffee & bacon back over to Kidderminster area to split off into our separate ways.

Alan...

jason_l

Dam, wish mine was built!  :( All the recent good weather and these posts make me want mine done even more! Im yet to attend any of the meets and im dying to see some freestyles and meet you guys and gals......In fact i have never been in a freestyle  :( Sat in Daves once just to confirm the size but not while it was moving  :( :( :(

HolyCount

jason_l":1d0v84ge said:
Dam, wish mine was built!  :( All the recent good weather and these posts make me want mine done even more! Im yet to attend any of the meets and im dying to see some freestyles and meet you guys and gals......In fact i have never been in a freestyle  :( Sat in Daves once just to confirm the size but not while it was moving  :( :( :(

Snap !!!!  Wouldn't it be a pain to build it all up then decide it isn't for you !!!!!!  BTW .. I am om "Plan R" at the moment ( having worked thru Plans A, B, C .....etc) .... still plodding along with the build ... albeit sloooowly. We'll see .......

collie

HolyCount":3i24f36a said:
jason_l":3i24f36a said:

Snap !!!!  Wouldn't it be a pain to build it all up then decide it isn't for you !!!!!!  BTW .. I am om "Plan R" at the moment ( having worked thru Plans A, B, C .....etc) .... still plodding along with the build ... albeit sloooowly. We'll see .......
That makes three of us! I really need to knuckle down and build especially since there is loads I can actually do!  ::)
I did see some buggies last year at Donnington Park but only said hello to Alan and Matt.
Never driven one, except only in my dreams!  :D

esdebe

Good question, we haven't worked out the timeing for the arrival yet, but we will be meeting at the Campsite to put up tents and then off the the "Running Horse" for food.  So you will find us at one or the other....

I'm not doing anything else that day so I'll be driving up, Haven;t decided on the route to Bewdley yet, but It will eitehr be the M40 / M42  then off at Bromsgrove, through Kiddy and onto Bewdley, or the country roads to M42 J4.  Either way Your route and mine will probably cross  if you are coming.  If so I could meet up with you on route, or take a diversion to you and head up to Bewdley together.

Simon

Steve

Sounds good. I'm just off J6 M42 (NEC / Birmingham Airport) but can meet on route if you want.
Just needed to know if to book the day off work or if you were meeting on the evening.
Is the Running Horse the one on the hill going out of Bewdley?

esdebe

You go up the hill until you come to a  roundabout, turn right and just a few yards down on the left. It is / was a Chef and Brewer pub/restaurant on the road to Cleobury.

Phaeton

Staff member
Well I start a new job week Monday but one of the conditions is I get Friday 31st off so I'm not figuring on doing anything other than getting to Bewdley. It says it's a 3 1/2 hours for me down there if I stay off the motorways completely or 2 1/2 if I do a bit but come down the A38 gets me away from all the roadworks on the M1. I could come off the A38 across to the M42 & come round via NEC rather than going round the north of Brum. With that in mind I reckon I'll set off around 10ish so taking it steady maybe there for 2.

Alan...

esdebe

Alan, if you think you will go along the M42 then lets change the starting point to Northcuts Garden Centre just of J4 of the M42 on the A34 towards Shirley, There is a Macy Ds there that we can wait in until every one arrives and an Asda Petrol Station that is usually reasonably priced for that area.

If we aim to get there about 12:30  - 13:00 how does that sound.

Simon

Phaeton

Staff member
Would it be this one, I will only meet there if I get assurance you will not make me eat there.

McDonald's - Shirley
STRATFORD ROAD (MONKS PATH)
SOLIHULL
B90 4EL
tel: 0121 733 6327

Other than that it's good for me.

Alan...

esdebe

The garden centre has a nice coffe shop and Asda Restaraunt ins't too bad, these are just behind the Macy D and are easier to get in and out of the car park of.

So yes you have the right place, and we should meet at the Asda / Garden Centre rather than the Macy D if that secures the deal.

Simon

Phaeton

Staff member
Steve, Can you confirm & then I'll ring the campsites & get us booked in. Anybody else?

Alan...

Steve

Hi both
Yes I can confirm that I can make it. Although I found out this morning, we had got something booked for that weekend.
I can meet at Notcutts Garden centre (by the way it's Tesco not Asda) just in case you think you have the wrong place.

Phaeton

Staff member
Both sites booked, £11 for Bewdley, £10 for Newtown

Steve, Is the intercom you have just driver to co-pilot or is it one that can do car to car?

Alan...

esdebe

Steves is a driver to co driver, not car to car, I have teh same, however I also have a pair of two way radios that can be used car to car if you have a head set that fits...  I bought one throat mic and ear peice but nver tested it as I had no one to talk to.