Welsh Road Trip

Phaeton

Staff member
Don't want to put the roof box on for this trip, want to travel as light as possible. Would it be legal to remove the passenger seat so I have more storage space? Assuming I don't try to carry a passenger in a none existent seat.

Alan...

HolyCount

Phaeton":3td433yw said:
Don't want to put the roof box on for this trip, want to travel as light as possible. Would it be legal to remove the passenger seat so I have more storage space? Assuming I don't try to carry a passenger in a none existent seat.

Alan...

I have done the same in production vehicles ( vans) with no probs in the past -- even went through an MOT like it.  Mind you, that was some time ago now, but I don't think any regs have changed.

Steve

Sorry, not been on for a while.
As Simon has already said my head set is only driver to passenger. But I also have a set of walkie talkies that may connect with Simon's.

Funny you mention about taking out the passenger seat. I was only saying the same thing this morning. I would much prefer not to have the roof box on.

Only good thing about the roof box, you can lock things in it if you leave the car, and it keeps things dry if/when it rains.

Phaeton

Staff member
Going to have a dry run next weekend with the seat out, only need tent, sleeping bag, airbed, pump, few clothes (including waterproofs) & TOOLS. Then between us we have to carry a stove with spare gas, kettle, brewing material, & a frying pan. So as light as we can be.

Alan...

biddleboy

Phaeton":zzs8kk3b said:
Going to have a dry run next weekend with the seat out, only need tent, sleeping bag, airbed, pump, few clothes (including waterproofs) & TOOLS. Then between us we have to carry a stove with spare gas, kettle, brewing material, & a frying pan. So as light as we can be.

Alan...
and the tv and cable and pc and wardrobe and ha ha lol

HolyCount

Phaeton":2dubswrn said:

Alan...

Don't forget to pack the bacon !!!

Phaeton

Staff member
Just checked the weather on Metacheck & we have to get out of Bewdly by 10am on Saturday by the looks of it 10mm of rain expected  ;D

Alan...

esdebe

And I was hoping to be able to sleep in...  Been up at 5:00 every morning for teh last 2 weeks as my son wanted to have his morning milk fresh from the cows (and that was the time they were doing the milking on the farm...) Plus that was in poland which means it was 4:00 in the morning UK time...

I've just been looking at the weather for other places on route and I think the water proofs are a MUST for this one....

Simon

Steve

When it comes to water proofs, I think I might be take a set of intermediates and a set of Full wets. More than likely have to wear them all at the same time.
The guys at work said we must be mad.

Phaeton

Staff member
Think we may need to have a couple of hotels in mind as fall back if we get too wet Saturday or am I being a wus?

Alan...

Steve

Don't want to sound soft, but it might be a good idea if the weather is as bad as it has been today.

Steve

Alan
Did you take your seat out?
As I'm thinking, although I don't want to keep the roof box on, it might keep things dry.

Phaeton

Staff member
No I haven't yet, it might come out tomorrow night nut I'm definitely not having the box on.

Alan...

biddleboy

well guys alan Simon and Steve all arrived today at my back door in kidderminster but i think if it was me i would of booked a hotel its pissing down ;D i think they might have some pictures of there pit stop at mine as Simon is so rough with his toys as on the way up his mud guard broke so out come the welder and done a quick repair then my little lad got stuck between a tree  :eek: so we were all there trying to get him free s....t scary hes only three years old 

Steve

We're back.
First of All we would like to thank Biddleboy for coming to the rescue on Friday and hope his lads knee is okay (Kids and trees).
I will try and get some of the photo's of the trip posted later today.
But just want to say I enjoyed every minute, Great company, Great route (Thanks to Simon) and some really great driving (especially the twisty roads around the mountains and reservoirs).
I'm sure you will hear different versions of the trip but I will post the truth later along with the photo's as evidence.
Steve

Phaeton

Staff member
Yep I'm back too, big thank you to Steve (Biddleboy) for the use the emergency repair facility. A thank you to Steve (Steve) for being the first to jump in & sort my breakdowns (YES plural) & get me going again. But I have to give an even bigger thank you to Simon for planning the route & leading for 99.9% of the way, even admitting to making a few wrong turnings LOL, including me being 151 miles from home & after doing 50 miles this morning still being 137 miles from home & within 9 miles of where we started. It was brilliant lads, you all don't know what you missed, hopefully one of us will have the time to do a bit of a write-up.

Roll on next year.

Alan...

esdebe

I got back too.  Need to get my rear arches brackets repaired (both of them) Thanks Steve (biddleboy) for doing the emergency repair to the right hand one that went on  the first day but ment that it was still attached and didn't catch fire again.....

I also had a small electrical fault resulting in no speedo and alternator exciter, and keeping me moving blew a total of 7 fuses, need to investigate what the cause is, but taking fuses from the horn, lighter, and my spot lights kept the dash alive (after I left Alan as he was the one whose spare fuses I was using) Thanks Alan.

Great company and we will have to do this again.

Simon

biddleboy

thanks lads your most welcome to use the pit stop any time glad you had fun thanks for the help in freeing my lad from the tree his kneew is ok steve thank god kids and trees roll on next year lol  :D