Recent content by Buggybloke

1. Buggybloke

1.8 K Series MGVVC Engine, what size wheels/tyres?

Hi all, I've got my low-mileage 1.8 K Series engine/subframe etc to fit in my Blitz2, I'd like to increase the wheel size, to improve ground clearance...... As the engine is considerably more powerful than the old A+ 1275cc engine, and the buggy is only approx 650kg, I'm hoping I can go up from...
  2. Buggybloke

K Series into my Blitz2

So, I'm gradually collecting together the parts required for my conversion to K power, I have a nice, low mileage, new-spec head gasket'd VVC engine from an MGF, complete on its subframe with gearbox, suspension, brakes etc, what I'm wondering is, do I have to use the rubber body mounts to fix...
  3. Buggybloke

Insurance for my Blitz2

Can anyone suggest a decent Insurance Company to cover me on my Blitz2 buggy?, company I used last time (Peter Best) won't insure road legal buggies anymore.... :o/
  4. Buggybloke

K series engine to existing loom for 1275 A+ engine

I'm about to re-engine my Blitz2 with a VVC 1.8 K Series engine from an MGF... Not dealt with a K Series engine before anybody got any pointers as to how to wire it up to my existing ignition switch/look etc which is from a Classic mini, I will have the engine loom and ECU from the MGF..... As...
  5. Buggybloke

Alternative engine/transmission, (diesel).....

Due to imminent growth in my family unit, (my wife and I are planning to have a baby...), I'm looking at a way of making buggy ownership even cheaper!,... I am soon to become the owner of a 2nd hand Citroen BX 1.9 Diesel engine, (102,000 miles), and 5 speed gearbox to suit, (30,000 miles). My...
  6. Buggybloke

How about fitting/converting to 4x4?

I was reading an article the other day about a 'Twini-Mini', where someone had fitted a 2nd engine and box to the rear of a Mini Cooper, with surprisingly good results, also of a 'Twini-Moke', similarly equipped. Then I thought, how about fitting a 2nd engine and box to my Blitz2?, at the...
  7. Buggybloke

K Series engine and subframe (preferably MGF)

Wanted: 1 x K series 1.8 Engine in good running condition, preferably from an MGF, (ideally the whole back end of an MGF would be good, the top-spec Trophy? model), as I plan to surically upgrade my Blitz2's slightly tired 1275cc A+ engine and box etc. Closer to Southampton the better, and one...
  8. Buggybloke

Orange 'Beast' of a Blitz2 FOR SALE!!!

NCF Blitz 2 off road Buggy, (road legal! christmas, not quad, go-kart, field car) £2,800 Armagh, County Armagh SaveSavedGet email alertsShareReportReply to this ad or Aaron on 07887752383 Make Other Model - Body type Other Fuel type Petrol Year 2011 Transmission Manual Colour - Engine size...
  9. Buggybloke

Mini balljoints....M.O.T...... grrr!

As my M.O.T. test was looming in the horizon, (today's horizon, actually!), a couple of days ago, I checked the balljoints on my Blitz2, bearing in mind I replaced all 8 of them, prior to last years test,..... the 2 upper front ones were showing signs of wear, but as I'd fitted them new, I was...
  10. Buggybloke

Gearboxes, ratios and other whirly-cog related stuff.....

Hi all, Currently I'm running a 1275cc (Stage 1), and my final drive ratio is 2.95:1, in a gearbox which is ok, except it sometimes jumps out of 2nd when changing down, and is a little 'notchy' in 1st gear. I'm running on 13" wheels with 205/60/13 tyres... grip is phenomenal, in the dry, and...
  11. Buggybloke

Classic Mini 3 clock dash Printed circuit board

arrrrgh! ..... nobody in the world has a circuit board to match my one!, well not new, anyway!... and I can only find late model 3 clock sets on evilBay, which don't seem to have a space for the voltage stabilizer to plug into..... does any one know if the later type is compatible with the...
  12. Buggybloke

second opinion required.... maybe electronic ignition fault?

after a couple of days of no driving in buggy, (Blitz2, 1275cc with standard electronic ign module on dazzy), I went out for a ride, been raining very heavy for 2 days... all seemed ok-ish, slight misfire occurring but only under load, i.e. brisk acceleration, ... but almost unnoticeable at...
  13. Buggybloke

ooh! new rubber!

out of sheer desperate need,... due to now-well-worn rear tyres (2nd hand Dunlop SP-3 Gravel rally tyres, 185/70/13 6ply, and run at  barely 15psi, due to rock hard sidewalls!), I've just ordered myself some 205/60/13 :o.... this time more road-orientated tread, I'm just wondering how they'll...
  14. Buggybloke

inactivity.....

so is everypne all 'buggied-out' after Christmas and New Year? ...I'm still out in mine every day, at 0530hrs....in all weathers....
  15. Buggybloke

K Series engine into a Mini subframe......

Dos it fit? would it still be possible to work on ancilliaries and clutch etc without removing engine from sub-frame?  (if it is possible to make it fit)