Search results

1. Buggybloke

1.8 K Series MGVVC Engine, what size wheels/tyres?

Hi all, I've got my low-mileage 1.8 K Series engine/subframe etc to fit in my Blitz2, I'd like to increase the wheel size, to improve ground clearance...... As the engine is considerably more powerful than the old A+ 1275cc engine, and the buggy is only approx 650kg, I'm hoping I can go up from...
  2. Buggybloke

K Series into my Blitz2

So, I'm gradually collecting together the parts required for my conversion to K power, I have a nice, low mileage, new-spec head gasket'd VVC engine from an MGF, complete on its subframe with gearbox, suspension, brakes etc, what I'm wondering is, do I have to use the rubber body mounts to fix...
  3. Buggybloke

Insurance for my Blitz2

Can anyone suggest a decent Insurance Company to cover me on my Blitz2 buggy?, company I used last time (Peter Best) won't insure road legal buggies anymore.... :o/
  4. Buggybloke

K series engine to existing loom for 1275 A+ engine

I'm about to re-engine my Blitz2 with a VVC 1.8 K Series engine from an MGF... Not dealt with a K Series engine before anybody got any pointers as to how to wire it up to my existing ignition switch/look etc which is from a Classic mini, I will have the engine loom and ECU from the MGF..... As...
  5. Buggybloke

Alternative engine/transmission, (diesel).....

Due to imminent growth in my family unit, (my wife and I are planning to have a baby...), I'm looking at a way of making buggy ownership even cheaper!,... I am soon to become the owner of a 2nd hand Citroen BX 1.9 Diesel engine, (102,000 miles), and 5 speed gearbox to suit, (30,000 miles). My...
  6. Buggybloke

How about fitting/converting to 4x4?

I was reading an article the other day about a 'Twini-Mini', where someone had fitted a 2nd engine and box to the rear of a Mini Cooper, with surprisingly good results, also of a 'Twini-Moke', similarly equipped. Then I thought, how about fitting a 2nd engine and box to my Blitz2?, at the...
  7. Buggybloke

K Series engine and subframe (preferably MGF)

Wanted: 1 x K series 1.8 Engine in good running condition, preferably from an MGF, (ideally the whole back end of an MGF would be good, the top-spec Trophy? model), as I plan to surically upgrade my Blitz2's slightly tired 1275cc A+ engine and box etc. Closer to Southampton the better, and one...
  8. Buggybloke

Orange 'Beast' of a Blitz2 FOR SALE!!!

NCF Blitz 2 off road Buggy, (road legal! christmas, not quad, go-kart, field car) £2,800 Armagh, County Armagh SaveSavedGet email alertsShareReportReply to this ad or Aaron on 07887752383 Make Other Model - Body type Other Fuel type Petrol Year 2011 Transmission Manual Colour - Engine size...
  9. Buggybloke

Mini balljoints....M.O.T...... grrr!

As my M.O.T. test was looming in the horizon, (today's horizon, actually!), a couple of days ago, I checked the balljoints on my Blitz2, bearing in mind I replaced all 8 of them, prior to last years test,..... the 2 upper front ones were showing signs of wear, but as I'd fitted them new, I was...
  10. Buggybloke

Gearboxes, ratios and other whirly-cog related stuff.....

Hi all, Currently I'm running a 1275cc (Stage 1), and my final drive ratio is 2.95:1, in a gearbox which is ok, except it sometimes jumps out of 2nd when changing down, and is a little 'notchy' in 1st gear. I'm running on 13" wheels with 205/60/13 tyres... grip is phenomenal, in the dry, and...
  11. Buggybloke

Classic Mini 3 clock dash Printed circuit board

arrrrgh! ..... nobody in the world has a circuit board to match my one!, well not new, anyway!... and I can only find late model 3 clock sets on evilBay, which don't seem to have a space for the voltage stabilizer to plug into..... does any one know if the later type is compatible with the...
  12. Buggybloke

second opinion required.... maybe electronic ignition fault?

after a couple of days of no driving in buggy, (Blitz2, 1275cc with standard electronic ign module on dazzy), I went out for a ride, been raining very heavy for 2 days... all seemed ok-ish, slight misfire occurring but only under load, i.e. brisk acceleration, ... but almost unnoticeable at...
  13. Buggybloke

ooh! new rubber!

out of sheer desperate need,... due to now-well-worn rear tyres (2nd hand Dunlop SP-3 Gravel rally tyres, 185/70/13 6ply, and run at  barely 15psi, due to rock hard sidewalls!), I've just ordered myself some 205/60/13 :o.... this time more road-orientated tread, I'm just wondering how they'll...
  14. Buggybloke

inactivity.....

so is everypne all 'buggied-out' after Christmas and New Year? ...I'm still out in mine every day, at 0530hrs....in all weathers....
  15. Buggybloke

K Series engine into a Mini subframe......

Dos it fit? would it still be possible to work on ancilliaries and clutch etc without removing engine from sub-frame?  (if it is possible to make it fit)
  16. Buggybloke

nobody out buggying then?, or writing about it?

all going rather quiet again.... so it seems....,I'm making up for all of you! ....out in all weathers, everyday come rain, snow or shine.... ice is fun tooo!
  17. Buggybloke

slight amount of free play on rear suspension....any ideas?

After a few handling problems,on my Blitz2, recently, I've replaced all of the swivel-joints, (front and rear, top and bottom), also the front rack and track rod ends, together with the rear rack(locked, and used as a suspension locator), and track rod ends, I've also replaced the o/s/f, and...
  18. Buggybloke

ahhh! much better!

ever tried removing a steering rack, from a mini, single handed?.... whilst it's balanced on two piles of spare wheels in a scrapyard?.... -that's what I did for majority of Saturday lunch time/afternoon... not the easiest of jobs! Anyway I got it off, and paid £15 for it, bargain! as when I...
  19. Buggybloke

Excess play, on n/s/r inner track-rod end.....help!

I've recently been experiencing a slightly unsettling, intermittent amount of 'unstableness', 'twitchy' handling, and sometimes wheel-wobble on my Blitz2, more noticeable in the rain, or on uneven roads... on 1st examination, I thought it was  just down to play in the front swivel-joints, and a...
  20. Buggybloke

Front wheel bearings... a little loose....

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to adjust the front wheel bearings on a mini?, one with disc brakes..... as it says in the manual they are tapered ones, so I'd have thought it ought to be possible.....