16th / 17th June Newark Kit Car Show

esdebe

A must do, I'll be there, hopefully earlier in the day then last year (touch wood) and camping too. Weather is normaly nice for this one too..... (touch wood again)

RichardG

Matt and I are definitely going to Newark for the weekend.

Matt is very busy revising for his GCSE's and as an incentive to keep him working hard I promised that we would have the buggy finished in time to take it to Newark. Would have to be on the trailor as SVA won't be for a month or two !!

Well talk about senting yourself an agressive deadline !! Spent almost 25 hours in the garage last weekend and am trying to get 2 - 3 hours every night this week. Its touch and go if we will be ready but I did promise !!

Hope to see you there. :D

Richard

Phaeton

Staff member
If you're trailering it, just bring the tools with you, we can do a few jobs whilst your there.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Simon,

Don't know if you can change the post title but dates are 16th/17th.

Alan...

RichardG

Alan,

might just take you up on that offer :D. It will be great to have you all take a good look and point out all the SVA fails so that I can fix them - first time SVA pass would be nice !!

We are planning to travel Saturday morning but if I can get away from work early on Friday and the weather looks good might make it on Friday night.

Main things left to do on the buggy are :
most of the wiring
front mud guard brackets need to be made
front suspension needs setting up
bonnet needs rubbing down and spraying

It might not be 100% finished but if Matt can get to drive it round the field it will make my day (and his) !

Richard

Phaeton

Staff member
"RichardG"":3rusc6lg said:
Alan,
Main things left to do on the buggy are :
most of the wiring That's easy, just bring all the old harness
front mud guard brackets need to be made Bit harder, but you'll have them done by then LOL
front suspension needs setting up Again easish, well to get it somewhere near
bonnet needs rubbing down and spraying No help there at all from me sorry can't do that type of thing

It might not be 100% finished but if Matt can get to drive it round the field it will make my day (and his) ! worst comes to worst I'll tow him round :lol:

Richard

hmalan

We could do a Westfield type thingy !!!

But instead of building a Westfield over a show weekend we could finish a Freestyle.

Alan T

RichardG

Thanks for the encouragement - seemed to get lots done tonight and the last few bits I needed turned up in the post today.

We ordered the kit from Dave at Newark last year and I think Matt is planning to try and copy the "dunky doughnuts" that Dave performed during his test drive!! :lol: :lol:

R1FREESTYLE

Richard,
Have you updated the pics on your build site? I have lost the link. Keep burning the midnight oil, nothing like a deadline to spur you on!! Good luck.

Paul

R1FREESTYLE

Found the link! If you get time (ha ha) throw some new pics on, would love to see how it's coming together.

Paul

Danny

Administrator
I will be there

I might even stay sober for a couple of hours.... I also might not.

Remind me before I get too pissed I need some seats.

CHeers

Danny

funbuggydave

Would anyone who wants anything brought to Newark let me know ASAP, that includes anyone I have already promised I will bring things to, you know what my memory is like...... :oops:
What I can remember at the mo is

Front bumper, sparewheel carrier and something else :shock: for Ian
back bumper for Alan
Unwelded tank and bulkhead for Paul
It would be great if you could ask/remind by text, cos then i've always got it in my pocket!
Cheers
Dave

iank

"funbuggydave"":f0z5eoln said:
Would anyone who wants anything brought to Newark let me know ASAP, that includes anyone I have already promised I will bring things to, you know what my memory is like...... :oops:
What I can remember at the mo is

Front bumper, sparewheel carrier and something else :shock: for Ian
back bumper for Alan
Unwelded tank and bulkhead for Paul
It would be great if you could ask/remind by text, cos then i've always got it in my pocket!
Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave,

Will SMS, the mystery item is a handbrake cable. I won't be at Newark, but I'm asking around to see if anyone can collect for me.

Cheers
Ian

esdebe

Weather isn't looking too good.. Not like the last two years anyway... Do they have cow sheds in Newark????

Simon

Phaeton

Staff member
"esdebe"":1ap68bxg said:
Do they have cow sheds in Newark????

Simon

Don't know about cow sheds but they certainly have stables, I flatten one with a tractor many years ago as the brakes failed!!!

Alan...

R1FREESTYLE

Dave,
I could really do with a bonnet/GRP nose to use just as a template so that I can make the rolled ally nose to fit over my bike rad. Did you find a spare one? Will you be going North on the M5 past Worcester.?

I cant make it to the show or I would see you there. :cry: :(

Paul

RichardG

Paul

I would be happy to collect the bonnet from Newark for you and get it back to Worcester if Dave is not able to drop it off on his way.

Looks like we will have our buggy ready to take although some of the lights/electrics won't be finished. My wife's cousin does spraying for a living and offered to paint our bonnet and front mud guards. Hope he will have them ready by friday ! have done 60+ hours in garage over the last 2 weeks so looking forward to a beer on saturday :D :D

R1FREESTYLE

Very kind of you Richard :D , I have spoken to Dave and he is going to see if he has an old bonnet that I can use as a template until arrangements can be made to get the final item. If all works out and you can collect will be more than happy to meet you on the way back or come over and collect.

Thanks

Paul