16th / 17th June Newark Kit Car Show

esdebe

As we haven't got a club stand (we need to look into this for future shows) and as Dave is inside at this one, where will we congregate?

I have looked at the map of the club Stands for the show and there are various pitches marked as "ANY CIT CAR" shall we try to meet at one of these?

If so I would propose the pitch near stands 30,31 and 32 or near 66

http://www.kitcarshow.co.uk/pages/infor ... plan07.pdf

Simon

RichardG

I reckon 30/31/32 looks best. Matt and I will be going first thing on Saturday morning with the buggy on the trailor. Hope to be there around 10am.

Richard

Danny

Administrator
Simon what are your plans for newark? what time you leaving?

still wanna go in convoy?

Let me know

Danny

esdebe

Looks like the weather will be better in the morning, so I think we will need an early start (9 /9:30 ish)

My wife is coming too, but she will be in her car as she needs more things for camping than I can take and she gets travel sick if she isn't driving and I don't like her driving.

So if you are up for convoy then it will be you me and a BINI (Bini at the rear )

Simon

Danny

Administrator
Just my luck, gotta wait for a delivery of stock..... toy website decides that this week is the week it wants to keep me busy.

So I will be leaving when the delivery turns up and when i can get them to the post office.... hopefully it will be in the morning.

Will see you there

Danny

esdebe

Give me a call if it arrives before 9:30 and I'll wait for you, otherwise like you say, I'll see you there.

Simon

Danny

Administrator
ok, I have it sorted parents are going to sort all the orders out ect..... wahoo!!

so I will see you at 9:30

Danny

jerry

Hi all,

Wont be doing newark this year as ive got the bathroom in peices and need to finish tiling it and fit the crapper!

Danny

Administrator
Jerry..... MISS NEWARK!!!!

lol I know a good tiler if your interested

Have a nice weekend

Danny

esdebe

OK, is danny supprised that.

a) Jerry is going to miss newark, as he is normaly there...
b) Jerry is going to miss "Miss Newark" as he likes to see the bikini's

Simon

Danny

Administrator
LOL both reasons...lol

Just got back from luton airport, might even get time for a quick kip before I need to get up to go to Newark, Damn Im tired

Danny

esdebe

Well, I've got back, safe and sound. Didn't see Miss Newark. Drive there was very wet, drive back has resulted in a very sunburt face...

Luckly my wife also made it back in the Clio, so it look s like the Scotsmans silly prnak has only resulted in scuffed rims on my car, will see how much its going to cost to get them re-edged (or what ever they to to alloys)

Simon

Danny

Administrator
lol

I am exhausted I know that, good fun drive home though and the weather was magic.

See you alll sooon

Danny

RichardG

We had a great weekend and it was nice to meet up with everyone. Thanks for all the advice on getting thru the SVA. First jobs tonight are to move the Fog light and fit the front indicators.

See you soon

Richard & Matt

esdebe

Did an inspection of my buggy today, and found I'd broken one of the lower brackets on my rear mudguard some time over the weekend... Thin 1.5mm aluminium sheet I'd used to make the bracket isn't upto the job it seems to get stresed with vibration until it snaps.. Now replaced (pathced up) with some galv. Fortunetly no damage to the arch itself, but I'm supprised that Danny didn't notice it must have been moveing arround a lot....

Phaeton

Staff member
All I noticed was that you've less than 1/2" travel before you're onto your bumpstops at the rear, no wonder you said it's a bit bumpy, the shocks can't do any work before it botttoms out, either that or you ate all the pies. :lol:

It's blowing a bit of blue smoke under acceleration as well, noticed a couple of times, I'd check the oil hopefully you've overfilled it a bit.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
I did notice it moving but seemed as if both were moving about the same,

The smoke i think is due to the bad fuel.... smoking less and less.

Ah well no harm done

Danny