Buggy Run 2014 24th-27th July

Phaeton

Staff member
After yet another successful trip to Wales for 3 of us, here is the marker for next year, I've removed Wales from the title this year as we were talking about going somewhere else. There are still some good times to be had in Wales but as we're fairly confident of reliability we thought that maybe we'd venture a bit further afield. Thoughts are over to Eire, possibly out of Fishguard to Rosslare & then back via Dublin to Holyhead. Tried to look at ferry prices yesterday but next years prices aren't up yet, but based on this years it will be about £250 per person. Another option was out of Hull to Rotterdam & then coming back Calais to Dover or Cherbourg to Portsmouth.

Is anybody else interested?

Alan...

Radar

Alan ,

I like the look of that will make a nice change to do some Euro travel ,I might come along on my bike if that's ok how long for the trip ? can't do more than 3-4 days in July

Radar

vespawho

I'm interested in this, would be great to get away on one of your road trips after reading about them all over the years!

Keep me posted :)

Phaeton

Staff member
So it's Wales again & not foreign shores, going to be starting in South Wales, Brecon Beacon's & then who knows route not decided yet, all welcome

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
The 16th - 19th works welll for me as there is a local festival on the other weekend that i would like t go to :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Unfortunately it's Jasia birthday on the 18th so no pass-out for Simon so looks like a no-go.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
I am nearly all set for wales... new rockerbox is fitted and seems to hold oil now :)

I am off to Slarks rolling road on thursday to see what tweaks I need and if my bike carbs make the slightest difference... hoping so :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny, Steve, I haven't booked the zip line, Simon decided it was a bit too much for him so it put the cost up from £45 to £60 each, which for 40 seconds on fun I thought was a bit expensive, a BJ in Merthyr would be cheaper & might last a few seconds longer.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
I am going to be sticking my top box on this year... cant be bothered for loading and unloading the front seat all the time...

I am also looking at buying one of these inflatable tents...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj4vAalzvxM[/youtube]