Buggy Run 2015 23th-26th July

Phaeton

Staff member
Anybody interested, please at least somebody say yes otherwise there might be a For Sale post going up.

ChaosMS

Alan,

It all depends on how much of a slacker I am!! - Chassis is painted and cured now, re-assembly begins this weekend (hopefully) and I need to get it ready for Steve's show in June, Was thinking of applying for my test in the next couple of months assuming test dates take a couple of months anyway

Regards

Rich

Danny

Administrator
haha yeah ok....

May just give it to you anyway as I dont want to actually hear her swearing and bitching :-\

ChaosMS

Ha ha - swearing and bitching love it! - I assume she does not frequent these boards Danny :D ;D

do those headsets have an output socket ? i have an intercom for the buggy that has inputs for a radio / PTT system, it would be interesting to see if it would connect (if it could) then you would get both driver and passenger over one device

Mini Mad Max

ChaosMS":34v7e3b8 said:
do those headsets have an output socket ? i have an intercom for the buggy that has inputs for a radio / PTT system, it would be interesting to see if it would connect (if it could) then you would get both driver and passenger over one device

Me too! In the alternate reality where I have finished my buggy in time for this, I too would be able to converse using a radio with my intercom PTT system. Do you have the terratrip professional per chance Rich? :p

Max

ChaosMS

Max,

I do have a Terratrip Pro set mate yes I have got the in helmet mic and speaker sets too (for two helmets) and a bluetooth adapter (not the terratrip one) to connect the phone up remotely to it for music and calls!, I was thinking about getting a pair of training headsets with boom mic - not sure if they would work at any speed though (not that the buggy is all that fast) due to wind noise on the boom.

Danny,

Cool we could just plug it into the Aux port then and we are off!! - just got to put the buggy back together now ;D

Mini Mad Max

ChaosMS":129kztdp said:
Max,

I do have a Terratrip Pro set mate yes I have got the in helmet mic and speaker sets too (for two helmets) and a bluetooth adapter (not the terratrip one) to connect the phone up remotely to it for music and calls!, I was thinking about getting a pair of training headsets with boom mic - not sure if they would work at any speed though (not that the buggy is all that fast) due to wind noise on the boom.

I had the same thought, as I won't always want to wear a helmet if i'm going for a local blast! All you need is a good dead cat/windjammer like this:
Medium_065515_GREY_LAVALIERE_WINDJAMMER.jpg

Max

Mini Mad Max

Yeah, the wind in your hair and flies in your teeth :p Or small stones flicked up when you're travelling quickly. Now that's got to really hurt!

ChaosMS

Yeah true, a face full of crap is going to really spoil the day!!! - maybe ill stick with the helmet :D

Phaeton

Staff member
As we're now seeing people coming from different directions the suggestion is now that the first nights stay (23rd July) will be http://www.riversidecaravanscrickhowell.co.uk/ https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x486e29d429b89dad:0x223b2e1b07279f5e it's a nice simple clean site. Simon, Steve & I are going to meet further up North & then make our way down there to arrive mid/late afternoon, people are free to either meet at the TBC point or at the campsite, or if there are more than one of you, meet up & have your own adventure getting there.

We will be moving on each day & staying at a different site each night, people are free to join us for as long or short a time as they want, the route is very flexible, so if you know some good roads & want to lead for day/half day shout up. The intention is to end up in Telford on Sunday afternoon to watch the Turkey?? F1 GP at The Raven in Telford on the 26th July