Baloo

and when I try to post it says im black listed whys dat den ?y

Attachments

• screenshot_262.png
    screenshot_262.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 4,205

Phaeton

Staff member
The IP is not in the specific banned IP's list so I'm not Danny you any ideas? If you're not on a static IP, just drop your Internet connection & then recoonect it will probably pick a new IP up.

Baloo

no it dosent I still get the blacklisted message I have to log on to the open network from the old folks home next door to be able to post

Phaeton

Staff member
Andy, Doesn't look like it's a forum issue, if you follow the link to Spamhaus it gives some information, looks like it might be one for your ISP. They are claiming that either the MikroTik router if you have one, or a Microsoft device has been compromised. SpamHaus are a large genuine concern so it's not a scam or anything like that.

https://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/185.241.227.160
https://www.spamhaus.org/css/removal/re ... 41.227.160
https://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=185.241.227.160

As said restarting your routing may get you a different IP to get you around the problem, unless you have a static one, which I think means you'll have to involve the ISP.

Baloo

so I made some space in the barn and dragged the Vitara chassis in so I could drop the lexus engine and box in
I need to remove the front axle and the old exhaust system but it looks like it will all fit with no mods to the chassis, if I swap the ls 400 front sump for a soarer rear sump then the engine will come 6" forward with no clearance issues and the gearbox will drop down nicely missing the crossmember

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 4,125
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 4,125
  • 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 4,125

Baloo

the difference between a front sump and a mid sump on a lexus

Attachments

• screenshot_263.png
    screenshot_263.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 4,103

Baloo

I made some progress as it was raining outside

I switched the sumps over so it would sit lower in the chassis
needed to make up the engine mounts next, as I had an engine stand that the engine had been sitting on I had a reference for the factory engine mount positions so I just copied those over to the chassis easy peasy

clearly there will be braces to support the engine mounts

Phaeton

Staff member
What kind of body you going for, looks more a 2 seater cruiser rather than off-road, that gearbox output looks close to that centre support.

Baloo

hi
im thinking something along these lines but without the rear overhang and of course I will have a higher bonnet line plus an opening for a radiator

gearbox flange has about 25mm clearance plus I have to loose that 3 legged one and fit a normal 4 hole type, somehow

Baloo

I do like the look of the fugitive maybe I should just buy a set of body panels and make up a new frame with a K series in the back instead of the air cooled voodoo stuff

Phaeton

Staff member
With your skills I would have thought it would be easier to start from scratch especially if you want to go off-road only, son has an idea he wants a buggy that he can jump,

Baloo

Phaeton":155f94xg said:
With your skills I would have thought it would be easier to start from scratch especially if you want to go off-road only, son has an idea he wants a buggy that he can jump,

so speaking hypothetically if we were to design a buggy for offroad use only that was rugged how would you configure it ?
would it be rear engine if so which engine ?
which front suspension ? beetle is pretty tough ? or use mx5 front and rear ? or maybe use the entire mx5 drive train ?
1 seater or 2 ?

I keep returning to mx5 in my head I want a small nimble buggy for whizzing round my track the Vitara based one is larger and road based obviously you don't need 4.3 lt and 330 bhp in the woods ::) i have this little project i sometimes play with mx5 front and rear subframes connected by a 2" box section frame I was going to use the mx5 engine and box too, which I still might , but a rover V8 jumped in there when I wasn't looking for some strange reason the rover picks up with the original engine mounts, how convenient ::)

Phaeton

Staff member
I think it would be rear, well mid engined that way you use the weight of the engine to give you traction, realistically you could use any front wheeled driven car. To make life easier one with cable gear change, which I think quite a lot are now, that way the manufacturer can lengthen & shorten the floor plan by just changing the length of the gear cables.

It really all depends what you want out of a buggy,I just like the open frame simplistic of them, but I'm not bothered about going off road, I want the performance & handling of a Seven lookilikie but without looking like them all. Whereas you & my son want off road capability, I'm not sure that you are going to get that from any 'standard' suspension fitted to a 'standard' car, hence why @ChaosMS has built all his own suspension. I suppose it depends on how rough is the question, I would have thought most stuff would just bend if it was too rough.

This is the type of thing I would like

20200508_143504.jpg
20200508_150050.jpg

Very much in the Freestyle vein but just a bit bigger without the front taper