ChaosMotorSport MKII Buggy Engine Swap Discussion Thread

Phaeton

Staff member
Lift looks bloody fantastic but you're being sucked into Max's darkside & not building, just polishing your pipe

ChaosMS

Ha ha polishing my pipe ;D ::)

well just finished reassembling the rear calipers so now on with the sub frame

ChaosMS

HI Wagon, yeah I needed it to bolt to the underside of the engine mounting rails and also pick up all the suspension points, its a bit of a monster but it was the only way I could think of doing it, ive just finished the design for the hub carrier that ties it all together will posts some picks of that shortly

ChaosMS

ha ha - I was going to ask have you decided to build one of the lifts?? - I have to admit its bloody good to be able to move stuff about again and work at a good height!!

I think I still need to send you some more drawings showing the layout of the laser cut parts if you are thinking of it

ChaosMS

Cheers Chris, yeah I am pleased they way they came out in the end - though it looks like the manifold is going to be fun to sort !!!!

Phaeton

Staff member
Looking good Rich, but just get the bloody thing built or you'll mess another summer, but I do understand the build is as much fun as the drive

ChaosMS

Cheers guys, we are making progress again which is a good thing, and this time its going to be spot on!! with a bit of luck I will get it put back together for later this year (fingers crossed and piggy bank allowing)

ChaosMS

Lots of Photos for you guys today finally got the chassis back in one piece again and looking smart with the new connectors - which work like a charm!!

Phaeton

Staff member
Brilliant work Rich, those rear arms look beefy, was it necessary to for them to be so big when they are only connected by 16mm bolts/rose joints?

wagon_1.0

Excellent, what a Alan said, are those 25x50 box?

Looking great all the same, kind of jealous of the progress. Maybe I need to get into the garage!

ChaosMS

Hi Guys, the arms are 50x100 box with a 3mm wall, and those 16mm rosejoints are comp spec with a 98 tonne cross break strain - so they are pretty beefy too!! :) - the simple answer is no they didnt need to be, i just decided to go a little mental!!

I was concerned they would look wrong but they work well - if i break these im dead anyway!!

ChaosMS

Alan, now that is a silly question - you know me if it aint swiss cheese it aint finished yet!!!!!!! :D ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
Looking very cool Rich, although the 1 week of summer we're going to get will be over by the time you finish it