Danny's K Series Conversion Project Discussion Thread

Danny

Administrator
yeah I did think of that but looks like these are clear... and even when I bounce on the front... Also... dont have any electric up there so no angle grinder

Phaeton

Staff member
Other than a flat tyre I am good to go :D
If I remember correctly although that is no longer a given, you've had that slow puncture for about 3 years now, GO GET IT FIXED!!!!!! or buy new tyres.

Danny

Administrator
Most likely... need new alloys at some point as these got a bit of damage when I decided to short cut the roundab

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
Yeah it was bound to happen... I was told when I bought the MGF that the HG had been done but it obviously hadnt...

If I put another engine in it will be the toyota engine... the one from the newer elise.... pretty sure it can be done :D

250buggys

Danny, it's funny how you always have a drama before Stoneleigh.

At least the HG is done, did you get some miles on the buggy so you have piece of mind for the journey there?

I remember when my 220 coupe turbo blew the HG, it's always in the back of your mind whether it will go again.

Danny

Administrator
250buggys":2khgkzo1 said:
Danny, it's funny how you always have a drama before Stoneleigh.

At least the HG is done, did you get some miles on the buggy so you have piece of mind for the journey there?

I remember when my 220 coupe turbo blew the HG, it's always in the back of your mind whether it will go again.

nope done less than a mile in it this year :-\ Might get a chance to give it a blast on thursday but other than that I am kinder hoping it will be ok :-\

If its not then I may be teh first stoneleigh bar 2 in about 15 years I have not came in a buggy :D Missed one one year when my 1380 went bang and then the year I went travelling :D

Phaeton

Staff member
If this was from your over the roundabout excursion how come you didn't notice before or have you had another trip that you haven't told us about?

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":2660ojqo said:
If this was from your over the roundabout excursion how come you didn't notice before or have you had another trip that you haven't told us about?
Lol the only damage from the the roundabout tour is 2 rimmed alloys on the inside edges :)

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":1vgxlutb said:
I reckon that is when you bent those but you changed the shocks afterwards
They were not bent when I changed the shocks...

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":27daqnhn said:
This is the clutch I am going for http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-MGF-1-8 ... Ciid%253A1

and also fitting a new slave cylinder and arm :D
My thoughts for what they are worth is it will be horrible to drive, lots of 'fast road' clutches are very off/on/sharp take up, bearing in mind your buggy weighs only 50% of a MGF then any form of smooth getaway might prove difficult. If the bite point was low I would have thought it would be a worn plate, but you're complaining of a high bite, which could suggest maybe a pedal throw issue.

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":15k4k6th said:
Danny":15k4k6th said:
This is the clutch I am going for http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-MGF-1-8 ... Ciid%253A1

and also fitting a new slave cylinder and arm :D
My thoughts for what they are worth is it will be horrible to drive, lots of 'fast road' clutches are very off/on/sharp take up, bearing in mind your buggy weighs only 50% of a MGF then any form of smooth getaway might prove difficult. If the bite point was low I would have thought it would be a worn plate, but you're complaining of a high bite, which could suggest maybe a pedal throw issue.
Hmmmmmm I seee

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":h5jlqrlw said:
So anybody got any suggestions on electrical connectors that will take some big cables and little ones as well :D

What big cables? there aren't any big cables going forward all the big stuff stays within the subframe. Unless that dodgy electrician you used has put a huge cable to the fusebox

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":1vvf7nl7 said:
Danny":1vvf7nl7 said:
So anybody got any suggestions on electrical connectors that will take some big cables and little ones as well :D

What big cables? there aren't any big cables going forward all the big stuff stays within the subframe. Unless that dodgy electrician you used has put a huge cable to the fusebox

lighting :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Should have made some legs with casters on for the front of the subframe, you could move it around & it would be a stable enviroment to work on, that's my intention.