Danny's K Series Conversion Project Discussion Thread

Danny

Administrator
Hi max... are you selling the manifold?

Mine is just the injection model... think my manifold is steel :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny, standard 120's come with a 48mm plastic throttle body, the VVC come with a 52mm alloy throttle body (just the bit with the butterfly), it's an easy upgrade, bit thirstier but more power.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Danny":1890ciul said:
Hi max... are you selling the manifold?

Mine is just the injection model... think my manifold is steel :)

Hi Danny, This one is the all alloy construction with the big plenum chamber with vvc written on it. When I was cleaning and re painting it, I looked in the plenum chamber and its all pretty nicely flowed in the design of the casting so i can see why it is more of a performance thing.
I took everything off the car that seemed associated with it, so everything is there:
vvc2_zpsc7ccc05b.jpg

vvc1_zpsdaaae7d6.jpg

vvc3_zpsf57c267c.jpg

Max

Edit: You just need the 2 gaskets. Not sure if any other mods need doing to accommodate it, ie chopping and changing the loom.

Phaeton

Staff member
Max, if the throttle body is plastic (with butterfly) & it is 48mm then it won't make any difference, it needs to be alloy & 52mm.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Engine gearbox subframe gear selector gear cables

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny don't think I can get to my buggy to weigh it, it's wedged into the garage with loads of stuff packed into there. it's also now up on axle stands

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
lol alan I spent all night last night trawling the internet looking at MGTF and MGF subframes.... what a headache!!!

I am going to buy a few spare Spheres and go with the MGF and then once its built get it weighed and start building the TF subframe... I can get a complete subframe for about £100 but its in Derbyshire so may do that when I have a meeting in manchester at least then I can claim the mileage :D

I also need to look and see what damage i did getting the engine out as apparently you cant take them out without getting the driveshafts and hubs off :-\

Phaeton

Staff member
Did mine in a weekend, what you messing at, get your finger out & leave Jane alone, newly married's pah!

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
been working hard getting hubs stripped and everything is damn rusty so I am de rusting and painting parts and working at getting the subframe built up...

I am at eth final stages of my property renovation just got a bit of decorating left and then I can start moving in :)

As the Slackometer moves further to the right, less than 5 months to Stoneleigh, will he make it, I can see a service of the Cappo coming on.