Danny's K Series Conversion Project Discussion Thread

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":af42xfpb said:
So today was a slow day but I was working on the radiator end today... made the frame the mounts and the fans arrived so started to makes the lugs for them....

7774086e79e024fb3268755281329edb.jpg

What lugs you talking about, normally these fans are designed so that when laid flat like you have them the fans doesn't touch the core, so they normally come with tie wraps that you feed through the core & put caps on. Won't them being different colours drive you mad, just knowing they are hiding there DIFFERENTLY

Danny

Administrator
the hardest part is mounting the rad to the frame.... that is going to be welded to the chassis... already broke the rad lugs so need t have a re think about this...

''Left a Bit''

What are they trying to bend the tube with?

38mm tube should be an easy bend unless you're needing a really tight radius or incredibly thin tube (ie. 1mm or less wall).
I can do them but its a bit of a road trip for yer.

Danny

Administrator
''Left a Bit''":8mwtuv2p said:
What are they trying to bend the tube with?

38mm tube should be an easy bend unless you're needing a really tight radius or incredibly thin tube (ie. 1mm or less wall).
I can do them but its a bit of a road trip for yer.

Nope, they dont have the correct sized formers... one of the companies fabricates the goodwood statue every year... one of the biggest units i have ever ever seen....

I just need a another 6 90 degree bends :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Oh okay but you don't have shocks to pick up do you? Look for somebody with a mandrel bender

Phaeton

Staff member
You must know a plumber with one of those floor mounted Hilmor pipe benders, use 1" tube, you can bend it on on of them, that's what I used when I was making bumpers.

Danny

Administrator
Hmmmm I may just buy this eBay item 351351103864

I gave the exhaust to make up as well soo could save me a bit 9f cash in bends....

''Left a Bit''

You'll find you'll just crush exhaust sized tube in that, unless you have massive wall thickness, it's a pipe bender, not tube, there's a difference ;)