Donnington Kit & Performance Car Show 24/25th August

Mini Mad Max

This date should be good for me, and with any luck the buggy will be on the road in time! I'll be back out in the garage after this Thursday, my last exam :D
Actually I think i should commit to this now because having Stoneleigh as a target made me get loads done! :p
Hopefully see you there!
Max

Mini Mad Max

I think it's possible! Still got a lot to do, but i have 3 months of summer holidays so i think its very possible this summer. So I reckon from the 21st of June to the 24th/25th of August gives me enough time if i work on it as much as i did for Stoneleigh! I shall do an overdue build update when i can get back out to the garage :)
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Max, I wasn't actually doubting your ability, it was more the thought of you actually being able to get an appointment with VOSA, get it tested, get another appointment for the re-test, then jumping through the hoops at DVLA & eventually getting the car there for inspection all within 8 weeks, they may not open the envelope within that period.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Hahaa I didn't think of that! This is going off topic now, but do you reckon i should be trying to book a test as soon as possible?
Max

Edit: I'll find out if they have time late summer, but i think you're right. It seems too much of a close shave to test it and allow for the possibility of a re-test followed by dvla inspection and all that faff. The light at the end of the tunnel suddenly got a bit fainter :p

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":3cl36t8x said:
I am in Malaysia :)

Danny
Bloody hell how did you manage that, you were on Newark yesterday lol

Alan...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Phaeton

Staff member
This year's Donington National Kit And Performance Car Show is gathering pace fast! Keep coming back to this site for the latest information, or keep tabs on our regularly updated Facebook page.

Manufacturers – Expect lots of brand new kit cars at Donington, including the DNA DN8, Healy, RPS and more. And if you are into either the Cobra or Lotus Seven replica scenes, expect a great showing of companies from both scenes. Donington is the place to make to your kit car choices.

Meet the UKG Stig and friends! – We're delighted to welcome The UKG Stig to Donington as well as some troublesome characters from evil Empire... get your picture taken with them if you dare!

Pitstop Challenge – Form a 2-person team and visitors can enter the Pitstop Challenge, where they’ll need to change two wheels on a car in double quick time. Fastest Time of the Day (FTD) will win a prize!

Half price entry to the Donington Grand Prix Collection – We've negotiated a special 50% discount on an adult ticket into the world famous Donington Grand Prix Collection, just a short walk from the exhibition hall.

Kit Car Special Display – This year's special display showcases cars from yesteryear that are some of the most capable and intriguing models from our kit car history! You’ll find the weird and wonderful here!

Kit Car Taxis – If you’ve never been for a ride in a kit car, here’s your chance. Manufacturers will be offering free rides around the Donington site to give newcomers a sense of the thrill these cars can offer.

Racing on the famous circuit – The Classic ports Car Club will be running races on the track all weekend, including the fantastic Magnificent 7s Series for Lotus Seven lookalikes. Viewing is free for show visitors.

Nurse Roberts and the Medicine Man booked for Saturday night – This great band will be joining us on Saturday evening for an acoustic session in the CKC marquee. Why not camp and make a weekend of it?

Precision Driving Display – Members of the BTRDA Autotest Championship will be demonstrating their extraordinary driving skill. You won’t have seen anything like it!

Westfield Slalom Display – Westfield Sports Car’s slalom display is another outside attraction that demonstrates the extraordinary ability of these cars… and here you can get yourself in the passenger seat for a ride like no other (a small charge applies).

Parts Zone – If you are an existing kit or classic car enthusiast, then the show’s dedicated and extensive Parts Zone will have everything you need to keep your car or project moving along.

And more... – The National Kit And Performance Car Show is a great day out, with loads to see and do.

Ian Stent
Editor
Complete Kit Car
W: http://www.completekitcar.co.uk
T: 01823 617908
M: 07595 021922

edz27

This was a good show last yr for its first outing , i was on the jago stand, usual stands and exibits but with the added bonus of all the racing to watch

Phaeton

Staff member
Everybody is welcome, Simon & I will be camping Saturday night, we're not doing a BBQ but going to a pub about 5 miles away for a meal.

Alan...

Steves2580

Hi guys,

What time will be there on the Saturday morning?
Me and Mary will be there!
It will take me approx 2 1/4 hours, might stop for the pub meal in the evening, then head back north ;)

Steve ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
Not too sure yet Steve but probably 10:30-11:00ish

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Spoke to organiser, there is no masterplan/map we will be guided to our pitch once we arrive.

Alan...