Donnington Kit & Performance Car Show 24/25th August

Steves2580

Phaeton":2olfw43h said:
Spoke to organiser, there is no masterplan/map we will be guided to our pitch once we arrive.

Alan...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Oh dear, I can see that going a little pear shaped ;)

Steve ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
Good to see Steve & Max today, show is a bit poor but Simon & I have decided to stay over anyway just off for food.

Alan...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Steve

Is it worth a visit on Sunday? Just got back, just wondered if it was worth getting up for or should I have a lie in?

Lilspeed

I popped up to Donington yesterday, and would have to agree with Alan - the show wasn't as good as the website hyped it up to be. But it stayed dry, I had an enjoyable drive there and back and picked up some bits for my buggy so not a bad day out.

I did lurk around the buggies for a bit in the hope of saying hi but nobody was around!

Hope you all have a good weekend anyway!

Phaeton

Staff member
Sorry about not being by the buggies, funnily I mentioned this to Simon this morning that we didn't spend much time with the buggies so may have missed somebody but the area wasn't the best to sit around at. I've sent you a PM for the future.

The show unfortunately was a disappointment, I would say there was less than 100 kit cars, but the whole thing seemed to be very disjointed, kit cars in one place, show hall in another, camping somewhere else, no internal hall/space in the evening, it just didn't seem to work. Didn't help that we were trying to sleep/camp under the East Midlands flight path from 04:30 with jets on full bore trying the gain height.

As to the next one, that would be Exeter, Saturday 26th to Sunday 27th October 2013, 10:00am - 5:00pm. At Westpoint Exhibition Centre, Clyst St Mary, Exeter, EX5 1DJ. http://www.exeterkitcarshow.co.uk/ I know I have heating in the buggy but not sure that I would want to do a 500 mile round trip at the end of October. Actually as I type this I'm also pretty sure I'm already booked that weekend with friends to go to Stratford, so my next one is likely to be Stoneleigh unless we just want to get together for a drive? But if we do then let's decide in the next week as if not I'm going SORN.

Alan...

Lilspeed

No worries Alan, not like there was much going on in the club area to hang around for anyway I thought!
Did it improve today at all?

I will definitely be at the Exeter show as it's only an hour up the road for me. Might even have the buggy there :eek:

Phaeton

Staff member
Not sure if it improved or not, the jets started taking off from East Midlands at 4:30 & although not a huge amount were fairly regular, I also woke up with a migraine, honest it wasn't a hangover, i know I'm a light weight when it comes to drinking, but I only had 1 pint of cider. We went to the services up the road for coffee at about 7:15 & then decided not to go back so we split up & went our separate ways.

Alan...