Dumfries Deathtarp Discussion

wagon_1.0

I hope it'll go awesome!

need to loose that dodgy blue and yellow shite.

Need to think of some cool stuff to do with the rear end

Danny

Administrator
wagon_1.0":3hwhvm9z said:
I hope it'll go awesome!

need to loose that dodgy blue and yellow shite.

Need to think of some cool stuff to do with the rear end
Lol :) sure it will be great

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Phaeton

Staff member
Are you road legal or going for IVA sorry at my age I forget things if IVA then you can't have the tank above the engine.

Phaeton

Staff member
Thought so but wasn't sure, although it's a joke they type approved a Chinese one with a tank over & so do most motorbikes

wagon_1.0

Thats mainly why it's going there, - I can recycle all the fuel stuff from the r1.

And in the instance of burning inferno, I would rather it was at the back of the buggy than behind the seats (which now have more room) next to the exhaust manifold....

Now just to get Steve to weld it up hopefully....

Phaeton

Staff member
Just a thought, will aluminum be strong enough it has constant loading of a seat on it, unless you can move the mounting to the rails. Also if you go completely under the engine, will that cause access & potential cooling problems problems.

wagon_1.0

Good thoughts.

I intend to brace the floor, incorporating seat mounts....
The access is an interesting one - this I hadn't thought of!
Cooling - toying the idea of some ducts on the side :)

Phaeton

Staff member
If you do decide to go all the way under the engine, maybe you could incorporate vents something along the lines of THESE facing forward to push cold air up into the engine bay

wagon_1.0

Need to weld the "slug" onto the column, then bolt the quick release to teh wheel, and watch as they connect in perfect harmony.....

how wrong can that go :D

Phaeton

Staff member
wagon_1.0":la5ioohf said:
Z7HkH2h.jpg

Well that's a first

wagon_1.0

I wasn't, I think only the "long" bits.... but I am considering making the rear bars "detachable"

My box has had the shit drilled out of it, the structural integrity of a paper bag :D

Phaeton

Staff member
wagon_1.0":2ytiejll said:
My box has had the shit drilled out of it, the structural integrity of a paper bag :D
That only matters if you hit something, but here's the plan, Don't hit anything

ChaosMS

I see you've gone with the Swiss cheese look on the new centre console/tunnel - very nice... you know how much i like the Swiss cheese look right.. ;D :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

mmmmmmmmmm... cheese.....

wagon_1.0

hehe, was thinking about swiss cheesing a load more too... but my latest thoughts are "can I pass MSA scrutineering"....